Cardinals @ Sox 7/10/18, Mikolas/Covey

Jose Abreu

1 minute ago, fathom said:

outside of Rondon, this starting staff makes the bullpen look like the Nasty Boys.  

Not for the last few weeks.  About the time Castillo got suspended and Jones got hurt again,  the pen has just fell apart.  I don't know that they have a RH reliever outside of Soria that is better than mediocre at best.

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Not for the last few weeks.  About the time Castillo got suspended and Jones got hurt again,  the pen has just fell apart.  I don't know that they have a RH reliever outside of Soria that is better than mediocre at best.

Watching the games, I would agree. The bullpen metrics aren't bad though, while the starters are comically awful.

I just like to look forward to the day when I don't see names like Engel, Davidson, Delmonico, Palka and Narvaez on the roster. I don't hate those guys, I like rooting for them and they try hard. Sometimes they're even fun to watch. But you just know they're placeholders and have to hope that the young guys get healthy, continue to develop and get here soon.

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I tell ya what if all this sucking doesn't result in a playoff appearance in the next three years it might be time to take a step back from hardcore White Sox fandom.

This is brutal.  Anybody that says differently isn't watching this shit product on a daily basis.  I mean, I get it, the point is to suck, but this is clown shows on a nightly basis.

I don’t want to sound harsh but I don’t think you get it. Outside of 2 or 3 players on offense, do you or anybody else, expect any of the other players to be in the lineup in the next 3 years. I certainly hope not. You are right, it is a shit product right now, but it is supposed to be that way till the players start to come up that we accumulated the last 18 months. If it bothers you, you should not watch them because they should continue to play like that the rest of the year. 

I don’t want it to change. I just want the prospects to keep getting better and within 3 years, they should be up here. Free agents should take care of the rest. If they don’t make the playoffs after 3 years then I’m 100% with you in taking a step back, as it will be a huge failure. I don’t see it like that. I love the arms in the system, esp the bullpen, and our lineup should be fun. I just hope they don’t screw it up and not get a top 3 pick. Anything else serves no purpose. It’s a lost season. I just get excited thinking about what it will be like in 3 years. Can’t wait but as for now, who cares