Trade Proposals

ChiSoxJon

1 hour ago, striker said:

Jose Abreu and Rodon to Yankees for Frazier, Andujar, Adams, Tate. Torres moves to 3B. 

1 hour ago, striker said:

Carlos Rodon and Sanchez to Nationals for Robles, Kieboom and Jefry Rodriguez. They can make their last run with Harper, add depth with Sanchez and help their rotation with Rodon.

You are way way way far off on both proposals. No one either would give anything close to those.  Oh well

3 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

You are way way way far off on both proposals. No one either would give anything close to those.  Oh well

Yah, those are the types of deals where we'd actually see Rodon get moved.  

I don't see those offers coming to fruition.  

Rodon isn't going anywhere. His injury history and set backs when coming back from injury won't bring back the prospects being proposed, not even close. Best idea would be to let Rodon pitch the rest if this season and all of the 2019 season and revisit the idea of trading Rodon over the 2019/20 off season with two years of control remaining. If all goes well Rodon will have pitched well and proven his shoulder is healed and the Sox will have a better idea of how well their minor league pitching depth has progressed.

4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol, the dude had never played in a game for the Sox and something like 30 players in his class were given higher bonuses.  If anyone here claims to have known he was going to blow up, they'd be lying. 

Really?? Time Stamp posting on the internet is a wonderful thing. I said the following on the day that the Sox made the trade for Shields: 

On 6/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Jack Parkman said:

Watch Shields become a Danks-like Albatross and Tatis Jr. become an uber prospect. Sox gonna Sox.

Edited by Jack Parkman

27 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Really?? Time Stamp posting on the internet is a wonderful thing. I said the following on the day that the Sox made the trade for Shields: 

Look, the Tatis trade was terrible.  We all know that.  But even people who follow the Sox minor league system religiously, and apparently the people who were actually behind signing him, didn't see him blowing up.  It happens sometimes when dealing with 17 year olds.  It is what it is at this point.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Look, the Tatis trade was terrible.  We all know that.  But even people who follow the Sox minor league system religiously, and apparently the people who were actually behind signing him, didn't see him blowing up.  It happens sometimes when dealing with 17 year olds.  It is what it is at this point.

Of course. I honestly don't even count him as ever being a Sox prospect as he never played a game for them outside of the DSL. It is the only way I can get over the above post. Honestly I thought it was throwing assets away on a sinking ship and the post was 75% pure negative hyperbole. Did I know for sure that Tatis Jr would be an Uber Prospect? Of course not. Did I think there was a good chance he'd be a top 50 guy? Yes. Throughout most of team history, whenever things looked like they're about to go right, that is the most dangerous time because things tend to go south in a hurry. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

25 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

2 points:  1) We gave Tatis $700-$800,000 bonus to sign.  Why not let him play one year to see what we have?  2) I assume Paddy approved the signing, since he was in charge of Latin American scouting activities.  Was he consulted on the subsequent Shields trade?  What did he say?  If he said "No, don't trade him" or words to that effect, then it is really on Hahn.

1 hour ago, Heads22 said:

I have no inclination to trade Rodon, especially when his value is near its lowest.

There is enough time left where there really isn't a good reason for someone to make a big bid, and there isn't any reason for us to take a lowered bid when we have 3.5 years of control left with the kid.  If he comes back and pitches like the stud we drafted, his price goes into Sale/Q territory.  If not, we still have more time to try to get value.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, striker said:

Carlos Rodon and Sanchez to Nationals for Robles, Kieboom and Jefry Rodriguez. They can make their last run with Harper, add depth with Sanchez and help their rotation with Rodon.

5 hours ago, striker said:

Jose Abreu and Rodon to Yankees for Frazier, Andujar, Adams, Tate. Torres moves to 3B. 

Both wild

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

God I hate these chickenshit reaction notifications.  If you're gonna give a "confused" icon you should at least have to defend yourself.

So what, someone here thinks Jose Abreu is gonna net a real prospect, show yourself, anon.

I could make a pretty educated guess who reacted to that since it’s anything near negative about Abreu. 

Just now, flavum said:

I could make a pretty educated guess who reacted to that since it’s anything near negative about Abreu. 

It boggles my mind that a hardcore fan (who really likes Jose and watches him) could watch him every day for the last month and think he's contributing to winning. 

You don't need a spreadsheet for that. 

Jose has looked quite a bit like Konerko circa 2013.  A guy that can no longer cover the inside corner and is completely screwed as a result.  I love Jose Abreu but he's been worthless this year.  Don't even get me started on his defense.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

When you fail at something that dramatically you can't just move on, at an organizational level you stop and assess what f***-ups allowed such a dramatic failure to happen, then you take major steps to fix them. You remove people from their jobs if necessary, you change organizational procedures in any way you can think of.

Do you believe they really did that? FO virtually unchanged; Getz is new and the scouting director is new and a smooth a talker, but also a White Sox lifer (and, of course, they blame the Fulmer pick on the prior scouting director). It goes well beyond Tatis, although that deal brought to a head the ongoing problem of consistently poor talent evaluation, as that was an epic failure on both sides of the swap.
Even in the dispersal, so far their have been no diamonds in the rough, whereas the Cubs, Brewers and Astros got several.  Maybe the minors will be more productive- they look more productive - but every team has players with good stats in A and AA.  

Edited by GreenSox

3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Of course. I honestly don't even count him as ever being a Sox prospect as he never played a game for them outside of the DSL. It is the only way I can get over the above post. Honestly I thought it was throwing assets away on a sinking ship and the post was 75% pure negative hyperbole. Did I know for sure that Tatis Jr would be an Uber Prospect? Of course not. Did I think there was a good chance he'd be a top 50 guy? Yes. Throughout most of team history, whenever things looked like they're about to go right, that is the most dangerous time because things tend to go south in a hurry. 

You thought a kid who never played a single at-bat for an affiliate and signed for only $800k had a good chance of being a top 50 prospect?  If so, please send your resume to KW and maybe he’ll give you Rick’s job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It boggles my mind that a hardcore fan (who really likes Jose and watches him) could watch him every day for the last month and think he's contributing to winning. 

You don't need a spreadsheet for that. 

Jose has looked quite a bit like Konerko circa 2013.  A guy that can no longer cover the inside corner and is completely screwed as a result.  I love Jose Abreu but he's been worthless this year.  Don't even get me started on his defense.

I agree with you that we won’t get much of anything for him at his point, just too much risk given his last month and a half.  But I also don’t believe this is the new Abreu.  He was too damn good in April & May for this to be anything but a slump (perhaps partly injury related).  It’s really bad timing though.  I do agree the defense is a big issue and I wouldn’t be against shifting him to DH primarily.

I hope they keep Rodon. There is plenty of time to trade him. In the meantime, they need to start building this team up.  The Sox should have enough prospects after trading Sale, Q, Eaton and many secondary players.  They also had a top 4 pick, and picks in the top 11 for like the last 5 years.  Other orgs rebuild their orgs in 2-3 years without the jumps-start.  What more does this FO need?

Stabilize the pitching and this rebuild should start to take off.

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

Do you believe they really did that? FO virtually unchanged; Getz is new and the scouting director is new and a smooth a talker, but also a White Sox lifer (and, of course, they blame the Fulmer pick on the prior scouting director). It goes well beyond Tatis, although that deal brought to a head the ongoing problem of consistently poor talent evaluation, as that was an epic failure on both sides of the swap.
Even in the dispersal, so far their have been no diamonds in the rough, whereas the Cubs, Brewers and Astros got several.  Maybe the minors will be more productive- they look more productive - but every team has players with good stats in A and AA.  

You view the front office as being KW & Hahn, when there are a lot more people that go into it.  I’m pretty sure I heard or read there have been significant pro scouting changes since the Shields trade was made.  I know we’ve added quite a few amateur scouts, both domestically and in Latin America.  I believe we’ve expanded our analytics group in recent years as well.  That doesn’t even account for Getz, Hostetler, Haber, etc.  To say the front office is virtually unchanged is quite misleading, unless all the people whose input the decision makers rely on don’t count.

And by no means am I defending Hahn or KW, but we have no choice at this point in the rebuild but to hope these personnel changes result in better decision making.  These are the guys we’re stuck with and b****ing about their past failures won’t change a thing.  Let me ask you this, what moves since the Shields have you disliked?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You view the front office as being KW & Hahn, when there are a lot more people that go into it.  I’m pretty sure I heard or read there have been significant pro scouting changes since the Shields trade was made.  I know we’ve added quite a few amateur scouts, both domestically and in Latin America.  I believe we’ve expanded our analytics group in recent years as well.  That doesn’t even account for Getz, Hostetler, Haber, etc.  To say the front office is virtually unchanged is quite misleading, unless all the people whose input the decision makers rely on don’t count.

And by no means am I defending Hahn or KW, but we have no choice at this point in the rebuild but to hope these personnel changes result in better decision making.  These are the guys we’re stuck with and b****ing about their past failures won’t change a thing.  Let me ask you this, what moves since the Shields have you disliked?

Pretty much when they say "unchanged" they mean RH and KW.  The rest has been churned over the last five years. 

21 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You view the front office as being KW & Hahn, when there are a lot more people that go into it.  I’m pretty sure I heard or read there have been significant pro scouting changes since the Shields trade was made.  I know we’ve added quite a few amateur scouts, both domestically and in Latin America.  1) I believe we’ve expanded our analytics group in recent years as well.  2) That doesn’t even account for Getz, Hostetler, Haber, etc.  To say the front office is virtually unchanged is quite misleading, unless all the people whose input the decision makers rely on don’t count.

And by no means am I defending Hahn or KW, but we have no choice at this point in the rebuild but to hope these personnel changes result in better decision making.  These are the guys we’re stuck with and b****ing about their past failures won’t change a thing.3) Let me ask you this, what moves since the Shields have you disliked?

1)I never hear/read  anything about the analytics department.  And I never really hear about how  they might use analytics in evaluating or in scouting opponents) other than their shifting, which I suppose is an analytics thing.    I hope you are correct in that.  

2)Getz is new and early reports are positive.  Haber is not new. Hostetler is a White Sox lifer, with a short period with another team.  The GM lineage has been maintained since the early 1990s when Ron Scheuler was hired.  30 years is a long time.   They may get it right this time and I hope to heck that they do.
3)On paper, all looked fine, some better than others.  But nothing has popped yet; still plenty of time.

4 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

God I hate these chickenshit reaction notifications.  If you're gonna give a "confused" icon you should at least have to defend yourself.

So what, someone here thinks Jose Abreu is gonna net a real prospect, show yourself, anon.

The same nonsense is going on in the Moncada thread. Just some chicken shit trolling is all it is. Maybe their mommy cut the cable to the basement and can no longer watch Sox baseball so now they are left with watching hentai on their sticky laptop.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

The same nonsense is going on in the Moncada thread. Just some chicken shit trolling is all it is. Maybe their mommy cut the cable to the basement and can no longer watch Sox baseball so now they are left with watching hentai on their sticky laptop.

I will give a public +1.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1