Jump to content
ChiSoxJon

Trade Proposals

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

Never said it was team friendly.  Definitely market value for his caliber.  The point was that he did sign an extension.

Right. But with Rodon, you likely also have to wait until his last year. As a Boras client, he will gamble on himself and his health before signing a extension of any kind. Makes no sense for him not to wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Yanks get Machado would you do   Rodon for Andujar plus Sauer or Loaisiga?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

If Yanks get Machado would you do   Rodon for Andujar plus Sauer or Loaisiga?

I think Yankees will add Happ from Jays as their lefty addition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

I think Yankees will add Happ from Jays as their lefty addition. 

Entire pitching staff for 3 hot dogs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at some of the garbage the Nats are starting, Shields makes a ton of sense for them sooner rather than later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fathom said:

Looking at some of the garbage the Nats are starting, Shields makes a ton of sense for them sooner rather than later.

The nice thing is he's pitching well enough we can just dump the salary (I could see us sending $2mil for the buyout) but he should be able to slot into the backend of quite a few rotations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:36 PM, ChiSox59 said:

Throw in was the wrong word.  But he wasn't viewed as a major prospect at the time. Most people on here didn't even know who he was.  

WRONG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Phillies could be a decent trade partner. They could use a vet starter and a bullpen piece.

 

Shields and Soria 

for

Jake Thompson and Roman Quinn

 

We'd probably have to throw in some offsetting $ as well...and even then its still questionable what we'd get in return for what we have to trade. I think Jose was our only chance to get a legit prospect back and his slump probably killed that. We all have to cross our fingers Jose goes on a ridiculous tear the next 3 weeks. 

I work for the Philles' AAA affiliate. I've seen a lot of Jake Thompson.

We don't want Jake Thompson.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eminor3rd said:

I work for the Philles' AAA affiliate. I've seen a lot of Jake Thompson.

We don't want Jake Thompson.

Wasn't he pretty good prospect for the Rangers at 1 point? Figured he'd be a decent Coop'll fix em candidate. But if you've seen him and the stuff isn't there I'll take your word for it. 

 

How about Ben Lively? Potential for a back end of the rotation arm next year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Heads22 said:

The nice thing is he's pitching well enough we can just dump the salary (I could see us sending $2mil for the buyout) but he should be able to slot into the backend of quite a few rotations.

   How about Soria and Matt Davidson for defense first catcher Carson Kelly. We already have Hit first catchers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Wasn't he pretty good prospect for the Rangers at 1 point? Figured he'd be a decent Coop'll fix em candidate. But if you've seen him and the stuff isn't there I'll take your word for it. 

 

How about Ben Lively? Potential for a back end of the rotation arm next year?

Ben Lively looks much better, at least against IL hitters. I don't know if it's a deception thing, but he seems to keep hitters consistently off balance with his fastball.

Jake Thompson nibbles a lot, walks guys, and then gets lit up when he has to come back to the zone. Mark Appel was the same way.

Edited by Eminor3rd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Milwaukee, if you liked Anthony Swarzak (and Matt Albers and Dan Jennings and Boone Logan), can we interest you in Joakim Soria?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Hey Milwaukee, if you liked Anthony Swarzak (and Matt Albers and Dan Jennings and Boone Logan), can we interest you in Joakim Soria?

For whom?  Mo Dubon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oldsox said:

For whom?  Mo Dubon?

No clue what we'd get, probably someone around the Cordell/Tilson level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soria could net something somewhat interesting, controlled and on a roll right now...CLE, NYY, PHI should be interested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2018 at 6:23 PM, Heads22 said:

The nice thing is he's pitching well enough we can just dump the salary (I could see us sending $2mil for the buyout) but he should be able to slot into the backend of quite a few rotations.

Padres I believe are paying the buyout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2018 at 7:40 PM, oldsox said:

WRONG.

Lol, the dude had never played in a game for the Sox and something like 30 players in his class were given higher bonuses.  If anyone here claims to have known he was going to blow up, they'd be lying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol, the dude had never played in a game for the Sox and something like 30 players in his class were given higher bonuses.  If anyone here claims to have known he was going to blow up, they'd be lying. 

Doesn't matter what people here thought, what matters is that the White Sox got owned scouting wise. Their internal scouting completely missed on him and allowed the Padres to fleece him from us. It was a complete organizational failure to allow him to go. 

But alas, it's in the past and we have to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, maggsmaggs said:

Doesn't matter what people here thought, what matters is that the White Sox got owned scouting wise. Their internal scouting completely missed on him and allowed the Padres to fleece him from us. It was a complete organizational failure to allow him to go. 

But alas, it's in the past and we have to move on.

Totally agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, maggsmaggs said:

Doesn't matter what people here thought, what matters is that the White Sox got owned scouting wise. Their internal scouting completely missed on him and allowed the Padres to fleece him from us. It was a complete organizational failure to allow him to go. 

But alas, it's in the past and we have to move on.

When you fail at something that dramatically you can't just move on, at an organizational level you stop and assess what f***-ups allowed such a dramatic failure to happen, then you take major steps to fix them. You remove people from their jobs if necessary, you change organizational procedures in any way you can think of.

That's like the equivalent of the business losing well over a hundred million dollars, between the money taken on for Shields and the value that Tatis could have brought even if he was just traded later. Someone made a decision in haste that cost the White Sox organization the equivalent of $100+ million in value. Anyone here think they've maid corrections equivalent to a failure of that magnitude?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carlos Rodon and Sanchez to Nationals for Robles, Kieboom and Jefry Rodriguez. They can make their last run with Harper, add depth with Sanchez and help their rotation with Rodon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jose Abreu and Rodon to Yankees for Frazier, Andujar, Adams, Tate. Torres moves to 3B. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

When you fail at something that dramatically you can't just move on, at an organizational level you stop and assess what f***-ups allowed such a dramatic failure to happen, then you take major steps to fix them. You remove people from their jobs if necessary, you change organizational procedures in any way you can think of.

That's like the equivalent of the business losing well over a hundred million dollars, between the money taken on for Shields and the value that Tatis could have brought even if he was just traded later. Someone made a decision in haste that cost the White Sox organization the equivalent of $100+ million in value. Anyone here think they've maid corrections equivalent to a failure of that magnitude?

You absolutely have to self assess what happened and try to prevent it.  Just like every organization has to figure out why they didn't outbid us to sign him or why the other 30 or so players got bigger bonuses in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no inclination to trade Rodon, especially when his value is near its lowest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×