7.11 Game Thread

28 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

59 stolen, 23 caught.

Just to note - he was stealing at well over an 80% clip before he hurt his hamstring and something like a <50% clip afterwards. He was like 50 and 10 or something like that until that injury.

8 minutes ago, flavum said:

That 1993 reunion. Don’t boo Ventura on his birthday. He’s returned to being a very good former Sox player.

I gotta say, birthday or not, anyone who would ever boo Robin Ventura is not much of a Sox fan. He might not have been a great manager, but the talent was poor.  I don't think the Angels in the Outfield could have won with those clubs.

1 hour ago, flavum said:

That 1993 reunion. Don’t boo Ventura on his birthday. He’s returned to being a very good former Sox player.

This is why I don't like former great players in any sport become managers for their team.  Ozzie was a great SS, Ventura was a great 3B, most people have never seen game film of Mike Ditka.

11 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

This is why I don't like former great players in any sport become managers for their team.  Ozzie was a great SS, Ventura was a great 3B, most people have never seen game film of Mike Ditka.

I think it just shows how meatball fans will go. There are White Sox fans that actually believe Robin Ventura has zero idea about baseball.