AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

6 hours ago, BlackSox13 said:

Sox win a shut out and nobody's commenting? Tough crowd... then again it has been a tough season. Great performance by Rodon and some timely hitting from the bottom of the order. 

You should know by now that everyone is randomly busy when the Sox win, and seemingly free when they get their butts kicked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You should know by now that everyone is randomly busy when the Sox win, and seemingly free when they get their butts kicked.

And when we do win, everyone is only free to watch the occasional play in which Moncada/Anderson mess up rather than anything else that happened in the game 

• Like 2

Would have been very skeptical of seeing that from Rodon this season based on where he was with the shoulder late last summer.  Awesome.  So far so good with his recovery.  Really looked like the ace the Sox thought they were getting when they drafted him last night.  Stay healthy dude you still have a lot of future here.

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

And when we do win, everyone is only free to watch the occasional play in which Moncada/Anderson mess up rather than anything else that happened in the game 

Yes the wins have shorter game threads than the losses but then again people are more apt to criticze than praise so we shouldn't be surprised. Plus every win just gets the Sox farther away from the chance of the no. 1 pick though a top 3 seems like a lock . Wins  besically suck essentially but I personally like them because constantly seeing 8 and 6 game losing streaks between wins sucks worse.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yes the wins have shorter game threads than the losses but then again people are more apt to criticze than praise so we shouldn't be surprised. Plus every win just gets the Sox farther away from the chance of the no. 1 pick though a top 3 seems like a lock . Wins  besically suck essentially but I personally like them because constantly seeing 8 and 6 game losing streaks between wins sucks worse.

I'm ready to win and see the wins fueled by TA, Moncada, Rodon, etc.  I'm sick of losing.  The last 250 games or so have been enough.  It's probably not going to happen but I would love to go .500 in August and September and see Eloy come up and help that effort.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm ready to win and see the wins fueled by TA, Moncada, Rodon, etc.  I'm sick of losing.  The last 250 games or so have been enough.  It's probably not going to happen but I would love to go .500 in August and September and see Eloy come up and help that effort.

The losses I can deal with in a rebuild. It's just the amount of bad is totally overwhelming the good this year . The Sox will not sniff .500 after the trade deadline . As a matter of fact i recently had a dream the Sox traded Rodon and even though thats pretty unlikely  it's been that kind of season where I can see it happening.

46 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

This.  I want to see the cornerstones bust out and have big second halves more than I want them to keep flailing and get the first pick instead of say the 5th.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

3 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

So much truth in these posts! With wins being so few and far between I'm going to relish in them when they happen. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This.  I want to see the cornerstones bust out and have big second halves more than I want them to keep flailing and get the first pick instead of say the 5th.

But I want the cornerstones to bust out AND get Adley Rutschman.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hogan873 said:

He looked very comfortable on the mound.  The pitch mixing and speed changes really kept the hitters down.  A very encouraging start.

First game I was at this year that I got to see him pitch and he looked very comfortable out there and was throwing easy heat.  Very encouraging and he set up his pitches well to keep his pitch count down.  Fun game to watch and it was a good crowd...albeit a lot of Redbird fans.