FS: Everyone is Hurt and Everything Hurts, but there is also Hope

NorthSideSox72

l like the "put down the knife and hang the jersey back up in the closet" bit. That made me literally lol,

Question...how exactly do these DL stints work? It seems that, whether in the minors or the majors, these players are placed in the "10 day DL) or whatever but are really out for like 3-4 weeks. I think Hansen was technically on the 7 day DL to start the season...

For what this may be worth and it is UNCONFIRMED right now, I heard from a good source that Hansen was pulled from last night's game after three innings because he is having "forearm soreness" again.

Words fail me right now about all these injuries.

Hope my source is wrong, we'll know soon enough.

UPDATE: Heard back from the person who said the information they were given was that Hansen will make his next start in Birmingham next week. No specific reason given for why he only lasted three innings last night. Don't know if he was medical checked out or not. Considering everything that's good news.

Edited by Lip Man 1
added info

On 7/14/2018 at 10:42 AM, Scoots said:

l like the "put down the knife and hang the jersey back up in the closet" bit. That made me literally lol,

Question...how exactly do these DL stints work? It seems that, whether in the minors or the majors, these players are placed in the "10 day DL) or whatever but are really out for like 3-4 weeks. I think Hansen was technically on the 7 day DL to start the season...

There are only 2 DL's in the minors. Usually they go on the 7-day, which has a minimum of 7 days but can go any number beyond that. The other is the 60-day, which they only use for players who will assuredly be out for basically the full season. It is not used often.

• Thanks 2