White Sox at Royals 7/13 game thread 7:10pm

53 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Do you actively look for these things, or do they just stick out to you? 

Well Davidson would be a DFA candidate this year if not for his performance vs KC.  Looking at Sox bloggers, most of them mentioned this as well.

15 minutes ago, ptatc said:

In another thread you were complaining about him being too patient and letting pitches go by.

I do, and he was in the 2nd at bat after swinging at first two pitches. From there, he laid off the offspeed pitches he's been chasing to draw the walk.  He still fouling off far too many fastballs to the left side though.

Edited by fathom

10 minutes ago, pcq said:

Kind of a head-scratcher. Maybe Rikki just isn't fond of matchups or analytics. 

Said he didn't like how he was swinging bat coming into the game. To me, you hope he had confidence facing Royals and gets things turned around facing a pitcher that doesn't strike a lot of guys out.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I do, and he was in the 2nd at bat after swinging at first two pitches. From there, he laid off the offspeed pitches he's been chasing to draw the walk.  He still fouling off far too many fastballs to the left side though.

He got away with 2 pitches in the zone on that last at bat according to pitch trax.