White Sox at Royals 7.14 game thread 1:10 first pitch

southsider2k5

From the side view on the broadcast you could see that Yoan starts to wince before Orlando could have made contact with him. It seems to mostly coincide with the ball hitting or coming very close to hitting him. Hopefully it's that rather than just his knee blowing out as he planted that foot.

Just now, Jake said:

From the side view on the broadcast you could see that Yoan starts to wince before Orlando could have made contact with him. It seems to mostly coincide with the ball hitting or coming very close to hitting him. Hopefully it's that rather than just his knee blowing out as he planted that foot.

If his knee blew out I doubt they’d let him walk off the field even with support.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If his knee blew out I doubt they’d let him walk off the field even with support.

People can and do walk with torn knee ligaments, there's nothing to read into him walking off the field. That being said, hopefully it was just the ball hitting him.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I of course don't mean anything specific by "blow out" but FWIW people with ACL tears often walk off the field. And it's not like he looked comfortable walking on it.

16 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Watching Them there Bosox on MLBN and the announcers mention the score of the Chisox and Royals and then say “that’s any exciting series. Only a mother would watch that game.”

What's funny is the White Sox won a 3 game series against Boston this year at Fenway...so they can shove it. But in hindsight, they're right lol.