7/14 Games

BamaDoc

8 minutes ago, zisk said:

Think ahead to the day when we have a 3 game series with the Indians and our starters are rodon, kopech and dunning.

Still think Cease has a chance to be the best of the bunch, at least while his elbow holds up.

Maybe the new “market inefficiency” will be starters like Lester, Q and Hendricks (I realize he was just DLed) who rarely miss long periods of time due to injury...?

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

Really impressive this year. He might be due to make the BA Hot Sheet this week.

Lambert is currently 15th in all of the minors in strikeouts.  When does this kid go from being just another arm in the system to a legit prospect that we should all be excited about?  With a new arsenal of pitches along with improved velocity, there is reason to believe this version of Lambert is not the same old pitcher and one that warrants far more attention.

Seth Beer has over 100 at bats across 2 Astros A ball teams (and bypassed the Astros equivalent of the Arizona league), and, like all Astros prospects seem to do, is raking.

Madrigal has 9 at bats. I realize he played a couple of weeks in the CWS, but let's get going.

7 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Seth Beer has over 100 at bats across 2 Astros A ball teams (and bypassed the Astros equivalent of the Arizona league), and, like all Astros prospects seem to do, is raking.

Madrigal has 9 at bats. I realize he played a couple of weeks in the CWS, but let's get going.

This is the equal of not even managing to get your pants off on prom night before finishing in terms of prematurity.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah, it’s pretty ridiculous.  No idea what Seth Beer has to do with Nick Madrigal anyways.

Uh, two big time players from the same draft class.  One got off to a blazing pro start, the other has not.  If we had drafter Beer, everyone here would be excited.  Madrigal has 6 weeks to show us something.  A few years ago, Cubs drafted Schwarber, and he hit a ton in minors.  Tough to ignore.  Who did we draft?  Fulmer?  Greensox and I share the same paranoia.

25 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Uh, two big time players from the same draft class.  One got off to a blazing pro start, the other has not.  If we had drafter Beer, everyone here would be excited.  Madrigal has 6 weeks to show us something.  A few years ago, Cubs drafted Schwarber, and he hit a ton in minors.  Tough to ignore.  Who did we draft?  Fulmer?  Greensox and I share the same paranoia.

The other player has been battling an injury while winning the CWS.  This may be the all-time record for least amount of time prior to hitting the panic button on a prospect.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, oldsox said:

If we had drafted Beer instead of Madrigal I would have been fucking pissed right now.  I doubt I am alone in that sentiment. 

You don't draft a DH with the 4th pick in the draft.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If we had drafted Beer instead of Madrigal I would have been fucking pissed right now.  I doubt I am alone in that sentiment. 

You don't draft a DH with the 4th pick in the draft.

The almighty Epstein and cubs did.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

And now that DH somehow has turned into a super defender.

I wouldn't go so far to say he is super. But the point being that just because he doesn't have a position in the draft, doesn't mean he can't become an adequate fielder in the MLB. Need to trust the scouts on that