White Sox at Royals 7.15 game thread 1:10 first pitch

Lets hope Giolito keeps his delivery closed and stays over the top more in the 1st inning for a damn change instead of flying all over the place and walking the world. I've been one of the biggest supporters of him, but he can be super frustrating when his delivery gets out of whack, not to mention that he gets lit up like a cheap Chinese Christmas tree. When his arm angle is more over the top he throws harder, which is good. when he drops the arm angle a bit he loses velo. Watch his release point. 

Despite the fact Giolito a) doesn't miss bats and b) walks a ton of batters the following gives me hope with him: 97.0 IP 94 H. He doesn't give up a lot of hits. it means his stuff is still good, but he doesn't have good command yet. Another thing that gives me hope is when Giolito has his good starts, he gets a ton of ground balls and weak contact. As he gets more comfortable, those weak contact groundouts will become Ks.

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nice pitch there. At least he has good fastball command so far.

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

On the bright side, Giolito was ahead of everyone. 

I was going to say, the positives from that first inning was getting ahead with good fastball command.  He’s got to find a way to command his breaking pitches and be able wipe guys out though.  He can’t survive without them.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I was going to say, the positives from that first inning was getting ahead with good fastball command.  He’s got to find a way to command his breaking pitches and be able wipe guys out though.  He can’t survive without them.

Yeah a handful of those fastballs were meatballs to Moose and Duda.