7/16 Games

BamaDoc

36 minutes ago, username said:

Nick D playing 1B at Charlotte...anyone weirded out by that? Or just easing him in?  From what I remember he didn’t play there at all this year. 

Good move. He and Davidson should have a reasonable chance of playing an acceptable 1B, given their prior experience at 3B.

Nick v. Davidson v. Palka

57 minutes ago, username said:

Nick D playing 1B at Charlotte...anyone weirded out by that? Or just easing him in?  From what I remember he didn’t play there at all this year. 

It's his 3rd game there I believe. I'm positive he played there yesterday as well. 

1 hour ago, BamaDoc said:

Laz Rivera with walkoff grand slam for Dash in bottom of the tenth.

Wow! I went back and watched the archive.  I thought the score was incorrect the way the 2 outs happened, then the slam.  What a fun team to watch.

Despite Luis Gonzalez's power being way down since his promotion to W-S, I love that the dude has trimmed his K-rate by 6%. It was only 22.4% in Kanny, which is fine, but now it's only 16.3% so far in W-S. I'm not familiar enough with Kanny's park vs. W-S's park to know if the drop in power is park factor related, but as long as he keeps that average over .300 and keeps the K-rate nice and low, I'm ok with it right now.