Machado deal structure "in place"

southsider2k5

8 hours ago, BlackSox13 said:

Essentially the Sox would be paying 4M for the rights to the prospect. 

That's what the Sox would be doing even if Forsythe could play; Sox neither need nor should want a veteran.
Trade for him and then cut him. Take the prospect. 

11 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

The thing is the Dodgers incentive to get under the caps is WAY bigger.  The cost of being a repeat offender for the caps is HUGE.

This is very true. Any idea what might be a legit prospect from the Dodgers to ask for and who the Sox would send to LA? 

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Orioles have won simply based on how incredibly much they increased the level of return from the winter.

You don't know what the level of return is now, and do you even know what the offers were in the winter? How could you possibly come to this conclusion, when logic would dictate the opposite should be true?

4 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

You don't know what the level of return is now, and do you even know what the offers were in the winter? How could you possibly come to this conclusion, when logic would dictate the opposite should be true?

Logic also wouldn't dictate a rental would bring the kind of return that Machado just did, but there it is.

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The return has been reported in many places.  Sure Baltimore can do their typical dance and torpedo the deal, but that doesn't change what was agreed to as the return for Machado, and you know this.

I've seen two names, Yasniel Diaz and Dustin May.

Baltimore could have done better in the winter (or last July when everyone thought it would happen).

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I've seen two names, Yasniel Diaz and Dustin May.

Baltimore could have done better in the winter (or last July when everyone thought it would happen).

You posted three names earlier in this very thread, and that it would be a total of five players.

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You posted three names earlier in this very thread, and that it would be a total of five players.

You mean this...??

"I wonder if they get C Connor Wong and then maybe some lottery ticket guys like Starling Heredia and Robinson Ortiz."

FUCK, did I just manifest a trade by wondering aloud about possible players?

Quick, let me think of another! *massages temples with all 10 fingers* I've got it! I wonder if the Sox could trade Soria to the Nationals for something like Juan Soto and Victor Robles. *Furiously refreshes Ken Rosenthal's twitter account*

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

You mean this...??

"I wonder if they get C Connor Wong and then maybe some lottery ticket guys like Starling Heredia and Robinson Ortiz."

FUCK, did I just manifest a trade by wondering aloud about possible players?

Quick, let me think of another! *massages temples with all 10 fingers* I've got it! I wonder if the Sox could trade Soria to the Nationals for something like Juan Soto and Victor Robles. *Furiously refreshes Ken Rosenthal's twitter account*

You are being especially obtuse and angry in all of this, and I am not quite sure why, but sure whatever.  You have fun doing whatever you are trying to achieve here by arguing against your own posts.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

You are being especially obtuse and angry in all of this, and I am not quite sure why, but sure whatever.  You have fun doing whatever you are trying to achieve here by arguing against your own posts.

Angry? What do I have to be angry about? I'm merely confused at how you are possibly extrapolating random conjecture in to actual news. Diaz and May have been the only names linked to by any major reporters, and even then, Diaz is the only one they all seem to agree upon. Multiple people have asked you where you are seeing the final names of the deal being reported, and you don't seem to have any source or real answer. 

But anyway...