7/17 Games

45 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Hey

You are the man Sleepy. I thanked you for every single video u put in this thread and I will try to remember to trophy anyone else who does that too. Makes coming here so much easier than scouring the web. I also encourage others to trophy those members who provide things like this just as a courtesy. All it takes is a click as we get used to the new board. I know I appreciate a thanks every now and then as encouragement and it's such a nice thing to do that takes so little time.

Sure thing!  I figured since I normally see them as they come out, I might as well throw em in here for the people that will actually enjoy them.

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

He doesn't even have a cool name like Beer, Burger, or Bacon.

Or Singer. At least if we drafted Singer we could have a sewing circle thread. Nope, we just had to draft the one of the best overall bats in the draft. Talk about draft suicide. My gawd we suck! Fuck it, I blame Kenny.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

Or Singer. At least if we drafted Singer we could have a sewing circle thread. Nope, we just had to draft the one of the best overall bats in the draft. Talk about draft suicide. My gawd we suck! Fuck it, I blame Kenny.

I mean this was obviously a KW pick. Madrigal is such a Grinder.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I mean this was obviously a KW pick. Madrigal is such a Grinder.

No. KW wanted Singer. Hostetler, Hahn and Getz had to tackle him and hold him down so he didn't make the pick.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

What's the deal with Jimenez's strikeouts? After tonight, he has 6 strikeouts in over 60 PA. Is this just a small sample size thing or has he really cut his strikeout rate that much between AA and AAA?

I'd say 60 PAs is a small sample size

13 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

How many first round picks were sent a higher level team?

Looking at the top picks, narrowing even for guys who played in college this year:

Casey Mize hasn't played yet.

Joey Bart is at a half season low A team

Alec Bohm is at a half season low A team

Johnathan India is in rookie ball

That makes Madrigal at the highest level out of all of the top five picks, as  he is playing at a full season low A team.

It's well known madrigal has the best hit tool in the draft and probably the best eye. His defense is very good already. He also has the highest floor in the draft.

He should be starting at the highest level. Winston Salem sounds about right to me. I don't think it would surprise any one if he was our starting 2B April 1 2020.

2 hours ago, zisk said:

It's well known madrigal has the best hit tool in the draft and probably the best eye. His defense is very good already. He also has the highest floor in the draft.

He should be starting at the highest level. Winston Salem sounds about right to me. I don't think it would surprise any one if he was our starting 2B April 1 2020.

That would surprise me. April 15, 2020, on the other hand, would not.

• Like 1

• bmags unpinned this topic