Make A Deal: Joakim Soria

southsider2k5

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Mark Bowman (MLB.com) proposes Matt Davidson and Joakim Soria for...

Max Fried, Alex Jackson, and Rio Ruiz. Sign me up!

https://www.mlb.com/news/braves-wont-mortgage-future-for-2018-run/c-286235022

Fried would be a very nice pickup. 

Jackson has a garbage hit-tool, so I guess it depends on his defense as catcher. If he can be a plus-defensive catcher, I can live with the .230 averages and 20 dingers.

Ruiz is kind of....meh. Doesn't excite me. Doesn't move the needle in this much. I think if you can find a way to get Williams Contreras, and then any of their glut of pitchers, you do that deal instead. Bowman, however, seems to think the Braves have pegged Contreras as their catcher of the future though, which may mean they are putting more value in him than others may.

1 hour ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I've had a crush on Stubbs for a couple years now. He was in every trade I tried to put together for Sale and Quintana.

Same here dude. I Like Stubbs alot.

As for Bowman's proposal. Fried would be a great get but they can keep Jackson and Ruiz. Make it Fried, William Contreras,Thomas Burrows and I would be on board with that.

Edited by BlackSox13

9 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

If trading with the Braves, I'd like to try and snag Toussaint. 

Loved Touki since he was drafted. I'd love that, but I doubt that happens. I'll be happy getting Lucas Giolito's BFF though. 

10 hours ago, fathom said:

So I see unrealistic trade proposal season is back and crazier than ever :)

What's even better about the unrealistic trade proposal is that it came from the Braves beat writer lol.  Braves have so much pitching depth that this wouldn't even hurt them.

Just now, GGajewski18 said:

What's even better about the unrealistic trade proposal is that it came from the Braves beat writer lol.  Braves have so much pitching depth that this wouldn't even hurt them.

Haven't the Braves already said they are not sacrificing the future for one season ? Doubtful they make any significant moves. That is one team that really understands competing over the long term even if it didn't result in as many Championships as they would have liked.

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Haven't the Braves already said they are not sacrificing the future for one season ? Doubtful they make any significant moves. That is one team that really understands competing over the long term even if it didn't result in as many Championships as they would have liked.

I'm not sure, you could be right.  Looking at that deal though, Fried is the only real prospect and he's a 24 year old LH starter.  Jackson has massive power, but no hit tool and Ruiz is eh.

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Don't forsee that being an issues until next April. 

I have to imagine that at the very least Kopech will be up for September.  I would bet on Jimenez as well to try to make up some of the ABs he didn't get this season due to injury, but I would be much less certain.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I have to imagine that at the very least Kopech will be up for September.  I would bet on Jimenez as well to try to make up some of the ABs he didn't get this season due to injury, but I would be much less certain.

Wouldn't that result in losing a year of team control? If so, I think we see them in early-mid August or not at all this year 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I doubt it.  I guess I could see Kopech, but at this point, I'd hate it.  Just bring them both up a couple weeks into next season. Anything sooner is just short sighted. 

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Wouldn't that result in losing a year of team control? If so, I think we see them in early-mid August or not at all this year 

If there is a realistic chance of them making the team out of camp next year, the point is moot.  If they plan on waiting past next years control deadline, then it is a different story.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

They could always send Jimenez to AFL, plus I think he plays winter ball. I think  they're going to try to squeeze the extra year of control out of both at this point, so a September callup doesn't make sense for either of them.

13 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

I like the idea of moving Davidson or a similar player...time to shuffle these prospects around and build a team.
And if the Braves think that's a fair trade, well then I wish them godspeed in getting it done.

13 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

I like the idea of this trade, but all three would need to be added to the 40 man immediately.  I'd prefer Fried, and a nice low level high upside guy, personally.  Fried and William Contreras would be awfully neat. 

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I like the idea of this trade, but all three would need to be added to the 40 man immediately.  I'd prefer Fried, and a nice low level high upside guy, personally.  Fried and William Contreras would be awfully neat. 

I'd prefer Allard and William Contreras.

3 hours ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Teams that should be looking at Soria are NYY, CLE, PHI, ATL, LAD

I do agree on getting a Forbes-like return but we'll see

I do think we can definitely do better than a Forbes like return for Soria. Remember, we got Forbes for 2 months of fricken Miguel Gonzalez.

I would compare a Forbes like deal to someone like Shields.