7/18 Games

BamaDoc

1 hour ago, ChiSoxJon said:

21 playing against kids outta HS, is he a prospect? I was big on him

I mean I wouldn't put him in a top 30 unless he starts doing it in hi-A, but, he's certainly one of the more interesting ones in GF now. More interesting than when Anthony Villa was shoving at age 24 last year.

Two key things on Zangari, to add:

1. His K-rate is now at about 20%, which to me is mor encouraging than the power we already knew he had.

2. He has lost a LOT of weight. Went from looking like a bouncer to looking like an athlete. Hopefully that helps his defense (which was really iffy) and his long-term health.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Kanny very soon. Which poses a bit of a dilemma for Yurchak and Villa, but we'll see how that goes. Villa isn't a prospect.

2 hours ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Two key things on Zangari, to add:

1. His K-rate is now at about 20%, which to me is mor encouraging than the power we already knew he had.

2. He has lost a LOT of weight. Went from looking like a bouncer to looking like an athlete. Hopefully that helps his defense (which was really iffy) and his long-term health.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Kanny very soon. Which poses a bit of a dilemma for Yurchak and Villa, but we'll see how that goes. Villa isn't a prospect.

Yurchak really hasn’t made much of his opportunity this year and I’d be willing to give Zangari the 1B job over him. 

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yurchak really hasn’t made much of his opportunity this year and I’d be willing to give Zangari the 1B job over him. 

Oh I think Zangari definitely replaces one or the other, that's my point. But I also don't think they want to give up on Yurchak yet, who is pretty much the same age as Zangari. So do they promote Yurchak, even though he's been only so-so in Low A? Or promote Villa because he's 24 and doing a little better? Or just release Villa? One of those things pretty much has to happen. And I think you might see a wave - Sheets to AA as well - of one is promoted. Then Rose or Barnum is moved out of the way somehow.

13 hours ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Oh I think Zangari definitely replaces one or the other, that's my point. But I also don't think they want to give up on Yurchak yet, who is pretty much the same age as Zangari. So do they promote Yurchak, even though he's been only so-so in Low A? Or promote Villa because he's 24 and doing a little better? Or just release Villa? One of those things pretty much has to happen. And I think you might see a wave - Sheets to AA as well - of one is promoted. Then Rose or Barnum is moved out of the way somehow.

There's no reason for Barnum to be in the org.

Sheets to AA may be slightly aggressive but he should start '19 there

Villa probably deserves a promotion to WS while Yurchak should probably repeat KAN in '19 and boost his AVG and power