The British Open

17 hours ago, Jenksismyhero said:

Should be fun, course is going to be pretty wild. Apparently the fairways are just as fast, if not faster, than the greens. 

400+ yard drives, going over the green with their tee shot on par 4s.  Kinda ridiculous.

23 hours ago, Brian said:

The tournament is called The Open Championships!

Yeah , I didn't want to be too pompous so I toned it down , I mean if you posted on a UK site you'd say The North American Baseball Final not the World Series , right :usa

2 hours ago, Bazox said:

Tiger shot a third round 66 and looking well in contention for tomorrow.

4 shots is a lot of ground to make up. He got horribly unlucky on the par 3 16th, hit a damn near perfect shot about 7 feet from the hole then caught the slope into the gully and shot 4 when he deserved a 2. He might be "in it" per se, but he has to shoot 64(par is 71) to have a shot. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

31 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

4 shots is a lot of ground to make up. He got horribly unlucky on the par 3 16th, hit a damn near perfect shot about 7 feet from the hole then caught the slope into the gully and shot 4 when he deserved a 2. He might be "in it" per se, but he has to shoot 64(par is 71) to have a shot. 

Yeah I was thinking the same thing--64 for Tiger, and some luck.

8 of the top 12 are Americans. Anyone but Spieth or Zach Johnson, but I hope the last hour is nuts.

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

4 shots is a lot of ground to make up

Yes it is , I didn't think so many would finish so strong.

1 hour ago, flavum said:

but I hope the last hour is nuts.

I think we are in for a treat . :)

TW made a complete mess of 11 and 12, now took himself out of it unless he can hole some long birdie putts coming up. 

Missed birdie at 13. He pretty much has to eagle 14 and par the way home to have a chance. 

Now likely to par 14. Donezo. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, LittleHurt05 said:

My back nine prediction is Woods playing partner wins the Jug.

Awesome call. You win. What is nuts is that for all of the big names at the top of the leaderboard, none of them got the job done. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Awesome call. You win. What is nuts is that for all of the big names at the top of the leaderboard, none of them got the job done. 

I am so smart. S M R T

Molinari has just been on fire the last two months and was so consistent this weekend, just seemed like he wasn't gonna lose any strokes at all.