Brad Hand to the Indians

Sleepy Harold

4 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I'm not mad about this.

San Diego did really well to get Mejia for Hand. Cimber is a nice,controllable arm for them as well. Good trade for both sides.

Edited by TheTruth05

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Cleveland knows their window isn't long enough for Mejia to make a difference before this team breaks up and that they need to be contenders for a title this year and next year, and Hand helps that tremendously.

Allen and Miller are free agents after this season too, while Hand is signed through 2021 potentially.

11 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Take notes Hahn. Let's package some of our guys to get a better prospect. Soria, Cedeno, and Avilan in the same trade even. Obviously wouldn't get someone like Mejia but maybe a top 100?

Why wouldn't it? Relievers are ridiculously overvalued this time of year. Half a year of Chapman netted Gleyber Torres. Why can't the White Sox cash in on this trend of overvaluing relievers? I see no reason they can't.

Edited by Dam8610

2 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Why wouldn't it? Relievers are ridiculously overvalued this time of year. Half a year of Chapman netted Gleyber Torres. Why can't the White Sox cash in on this trend of overvaluing relievers? I see no reason they can't.

They can, but we don't have a Chapman, or even a Kahnle this year.  Soria should bring something, but it won't be a top 100 guy.

13 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Take notes Hahn. Let's package some of our guys to get a better prospect. Soria, Cedeno, and Avilan in the same trade even. Obviously wouldn't get someone like Mejia but maybe a top 100?

I wouldn't mind a Fry/Soria package for a top shiny new prospect.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They can, but we don't have a Chapman, or even a Kahnle this year.  Soria should bring something, but it won't be a top 100 guy.

Package two of them with Shields, pay all the money, and get something quality back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Package two of them with Shields, pay all the money, and get something quality back.

Thinking about that from a contenders point of view, I don't see it.  Shields, while having recovered majorly, still isn't really going to move the needle on a deal.

In terms of value to other teams (even assuming that the Sox pick up major dollars on these deals) probably looks like

1. Soria

2. Avilan

3. Yolmer

4. Shields

5. Cedeno

Past that, I don't really see anyone having any real value or chance of being traded (Abreu, Avi, Nate Jones, Rodon)

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Thinking about that from a contenders point of view, I don't see it.  Shields, while having recovered majorly, still isn't really going to move the needle on a deal.

In terms of value to other teams (even assuming that the Sox pick up major dollars on these deals) probably looks like

1. Soria

2. Avilan

3. Yolmer

4. Shields

5. Cedeno

Past that, I don't really see anyone having any real value or chance of being traded (Abreu, Avi, Nate Jones, Rodon)

No contender could use a backend rotation innings eater, a LHRP, and a high leverage reliever? I just don't believe that. I think some team would look at Soria, Avilan, and Shields and give the Sox something good for that package, especially if they're not paying a dime for those three players.

Edited by Dam8610