7/19 Games

BamaDoc

1 minute ago, GenericUserName said:

I feel like Rosario should be in Arizona now. He is having a second good year in a row and is already 19. 

Sox were pretty conservative in promoting guys from DSL to AZL mid season last year. Some got in last week of season. 

That said it could also mean he's just an older guy dominating kids and he actually just throws 80 mph and sucks.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Sox were pretty conservative in promoting guys from DSL to AZL mid season last year. Some got in last week of season. 

That said it could also mean he's just an older guy dominating kids and he actually just throws 80 mph and sucks.

That's the fun part.  All we can see is the numbers.  We literally can only see the stats, and have no idea how these guys actually look.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's the fun part.  All we can see is the numbers.  We literally can only see the stats, and have no idea how these guys actually look.

I once spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Scott Reifort, going over with him what it might look like for me to visit the DSL camp for FutureSox. In the end, decided it wasn't worth it. No access to players for media, no access to the compound or field, video has to be from behind the backstop AND a fence, flights are pricey and there's some crime risk in the area. At best, I might have been able to time a trip to be there when one of the field coordinators was down there and maybe spend some time with them, but I can do that in the US too. Plus the great majority of those guys won't even make it to AZL, let alone full season ball or the bigs.

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

For right now, they should only air Knights games when Kopech is on the bump. Other than Kopech and Jimenez, there isn't anything there. 

Stephens, Adams, Guerrero, Zavala (when healthy). Almost every Knights starter has ML rotation potential.

22 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Stephens, Adams, Guerrero, Zavala (when healthy). Almost every Knights starter has ML rotation potential.

Stephens, Adams and Guerrero are fringe prospects. I thought Zavala was still in Birmingham for a moment and yeah, I know Vieira is there but I don't want to watch an entire game just in case a reliever enters the game. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Stephens, Adams and Guerrero are fringe prospects. I thought Zavala was still in Birmingham for a moment and yeah, I know Vieira is there but I don't want to watch an entire game just in case a reliever enters the game. 

Those "fringe prospects" could have 3 of the team's rotation and bullpen spots when the Sox are ready to compete.

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

This is at least the 2nd time that Garneau has caught for Kopech. I wonder why they wouldn't want him to build a relationship with Zavala, someone he's more likely to be playing with in the majors. 

I think Zavala is injured, he hasn’t played in a few days.

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

Someday Madrigal is going to lead the league in ground outs, and I’m perfectly fine with that. 

Should be an automatic hit and run if anyone is on base.  To be fair, his chopping ability is also why I don't think he'll ever put up significant ISO numbers.

Edited by fathom

• bmags unpinned this topic