Sox @ Mariners 3:10 PM CT, WGN

Jose Abreu

Reylo has to find his changeup or make an adjustment to his fastball to increase the spin rate.  If he doesn't he's just a 5th starter long term.  I don't think you want to move him to the pen anytime soon, he'll have all of next year to keep working on it, but this year has been a bit of a reality check.  He's basically pitching off a live arm and not much else.

Glad I didn't spend 100 bucks to sit behind the dugout yesterday.  Wouldn't have really had much to cheer about.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Reylo has to find his changeup or make an adjustment to his fastball to increase the spin rate.  If he doesn't he's just a 5th starter long term.  I don't think you want to move him to the pen anytime soon, he'll have all of next year to keep working on it, but this year has been a bit of a reality check.  He's basically pitching off a live arm and not much else.

Glad I didn't spend 100 bucks to sit behind the dugout yesterday.  Wouldn't have really had much to cheer about.

I think the changeup is the real problem.  He’s basically a two pitch pitcher right now and that’s not going to work.  What doesn’t make sense to me is why they aren’t forcing him to throw it more.  He’s never going to gain confidence in the pitch if he never uses it.