7/23 Games

soxfan49

12 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I think he should be promoted before the season ends to give him a taste of AA. Kind of like what we did with Eloy last year. Hopefully by then the OF logjam is a little less prevalent in AA

I see no rush, and I don't think AA is going to be fun for him in terms of power.  Also, won't he get to play in postseason for W-S?

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I see no rush, and I don't think AA is going to be fun for him in terms of power.  Also, won't he get to play in postseason for W-S?

Forgot about postseason. If he keeps playing like this though, and it's clear he'll be in AA to start 2019, getting him acclimated there for a week or two can't hurt. But yes, with the postseason, it may be moot 

8 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

11 game hitting streak for Basabe. He's hit safely in 14 of his last 15 games. 

I hope the AZL manager bumps Bryce Bush up in the batting order. He needs more ABs.

Those rookie ball teams are way too crowded.  Just feels like guys aren’t getting enough playing time.  Really wish we had a third short-season ball team.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Those rookie ball teams are way too crowded.  Just feels like guys aren’t getting enough playing time.  Really wish we had a third short-season ball team.

Yea I thought Getz would promote Quinteiro since he's an older guy and has been dominating rookie ball pitching so the two 18-19 year olds (Maldonado and Delgado) would get more playing time, but it hasn't happened yet as they're rotating the kids, same with the catching situation down there. It's similar to the W-S crowded outfield early on in the year. 

Edited by SoxAce

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Yea I thought Getz would promote Quinteiro since he's an older guy and has been dominating rookie ball pitching so the two 18-19 year olds (Maldonado and Delgado) would get more playing time, but it hasn't happened yet as they're rotating the kids. Kinda similar to the W-S outfield early on in the year.

It’s worse than that IMO, the AZL Sox are like two deep at every position and that’s after Madrigal & Walker got promoted.  Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I’ve always felt it was tough for guys to get in a rhythm if they don’t play most days and that ultimately can impact their development.

59 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s worse than that IMO, the AZL Sox are like two deep at every position and that’s after Madrigal & Walker got promoted.  Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I’ve always felt it was tough for guys to get in a rhythm if they don’t play most days and that ultimately can impact their development.

Yeah AZL really annoys me. They brought over the entire DSL roster basically from last year and are playing these 17/18yo guys like once a week. Maybe there are a ton of other baseball activities happening that make the development still better than DSL, and I don't know. But Coronado, Kleydar Sanchez, they may be garbage at end of day, but for now they are 18 year old guys who had a promising first year statistically.

44 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah AZL really annoys me. They brought over the entire DSL roster basically from last year and are playing these 17/18yo guys like once a week. Maybe there are a ton of other baseball activities happening that make the development still better than DSL, and I don't know. But Coronado, Kleydar Sanchez, they may be garbage at end of day, but for now they are 18 year old guys who had a promising first year statistically.

100% agree.  I know full well that nearly all of these guys will amount to nothing long-term, but you’re not maximizing your chances of hitting on one or two of them if they’re only playing twice a week.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

3 hours ago, bmags said:

Other orgs have multiple AZL teams, so I wonder why the Sox didn't go down that road.

• bmags unpinned this topic
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:05 PM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Other orgs have multiple AZL teams, so I wonder why the Sox didn't go down that road.

Probably money.  I have no idea what it costs to have another Rookie League team.

Great question, tho.