Ryan Cordell Assigned to Birmingham

Sleepy Harold

3 hours ago, turnin' two said:

May still be essentially a rehab assignment.  Could be that AAA is just really crowded right now.  Could be a little both.  

Not rehab, he was assigned there. Demotion one could say, but he needs to get healthy and stay healthy, he has done nothing since we got him. Getting passed up quickly, needs to start hitting and soon.

2 hours ago, MnSoxFan said:

Not rehab, he was assigned there. Demotion one could say, but he needs to get healthy and stay healthy, he has done nothing since we got him. Getting passed up quickly, needs to start hitting and soon.

That doesn't mean it's not rehab. Madrigal was assigned to Kannapolis, for example, but everyone knows it's a rehab stint and he's being promoted soon. Could be similar here, except not as publicized 

10 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

That doesn't mean it's not rehab. Madrigal was assigned to Kannapolis, for example, but everyone knows it's a rehab stint and he's being promoted soon. Could be similar here, except not as publicized 

On the roster if it says Rehab for status, then I would agree. His says Active.

I think this is a way to tell Cordell that they're still easing him back into his proper level of play while the Sox are likely more motivated by how badly he played at AAA earlier this year. I do fully expect that if he crushes the ball for a week or two they'll find a spot for him in AAA. Coming into the season he looked like a MLB guy, but he clearly took his demotion at that time about as well as Matt Davidson took his first missed cut with the Sox.

On 7/24/2018 at 5:43 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

Cordell did have a 41.5% BB rate in AAA pre-injury.  I’m guessing they simply want him to regain some confidence in his approach before moving him back to AAA.  Hopefully that only takes a few weeks.

Nail  and head. It's like come on now Cordell we know you are better than you showed in AAA . Take some hacks in AA and get your mojo back because right now there's room for you (still) to show us something.