9 year anniversary of MB's perfect game: where were you?

chitownsportsfan

Seems like a lifetime ago for me personally.  My dad was still alive, I was still living in working in NYC and I was still in my mid 20s with all that entails.  I remember watching the final few outs on MLB.tv with a couple baseball fans at the office crowded around.  Fun times.

What an awesome day and moment for the Sox and us fans.

• Like 1

At home, caught the last couple innings and then scared my then 1 y/o daughter with all my screaming and cheering.  

I also have to agree with hawk, wise’s catch might have been the best one I’ve ever seen given the circumstances.    I had forgot how it popped out of his glove and he juuuuuust was able to barehand it.  Freaking awesome all the way around.  MB will forever be the man 

• Like 1

I was on an airplane.  Landed in Boston and turned on my phone.  A friend of mine who isn't even much of a baseball fan had sent me a text that said "Buehrle perfect game?"  We were out at bars that night and must have seen the catch a hundred times on the TVs.

I have no memory of this game except for the highlights.  I was likely at work posting on here and WSI at the time so I didn't get to see any of it live.

I was also just over a month away from being laid off from a job that I had held for 11 years. I don't remember if they had told me yet at that point or not.

1 hour ago, Jerksticks said:

I was driving around a certain south suburb with a girl getting RH when I got the call. I’ll never forget it!

lol, in college I dated a girl from Homewood-Flossmor.   She was a lot of fun.  And we used to hang out in Chicago ever weekend which was great.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

I was actually there. Had two season tickets but did not think I would make it due to a busy schedule. By the 5th inning I was in my car with my 4 year old speeding down the Ike from Oak Brook. We arrived around the 6th and got a spot somehow in the VIP area next to gate 1, got to our seats in RF about a half inning later.

The ballpark was electric when Wise made that catch. At the end, everyone is going nuts and the usher in our section with her back to the field says to me, "Why are people going crazy? Just because they won?" My kid then asked "Did the Sox win, dad?" Great memories.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pants Rowland said:

I was actually there. Had two season tickets but did not think I would make it due to a busy schedule. By the 5th inning I was in my car with my 4 year old speeding down the Ike from Oak Brook. We arrived around the 6th and got a spot somehow in the VIP area next to gate 1, got to our seats in RF about a half inning later.

The ballpark was electric when Wise made that catch. At the end, everyone is going nuts and the usher in our section with her back to the field says to me, "Why are people going crazy? Just because they won?" My kid then asked "Did the Sox win, dad?" Great memories.

damn what a story, your kid will have quite the story the rest of his/her life.

Was living and working out of state in eastern time zone with no access to local Chicago radio. I had a long commute home think 1 hour plus, but planned on catching the last few innings while I finished my work day from home office.  I had MLB package at time as I lived out of state. I tried to tune in but game was not on. I got the game not available prompt for those familiar with MLB Extra Innings.  I thought rain out? I checked online for shits and giggles and saw Buehrle threw a perfect game. I was really both pissed and excited at the same time. They whole game was played by the time I left my office and got home and settled. Time of game 2hrs 3mimutes. FWIW Josh Field also hit a grand slam in the game. The sox finished the day tied in 1st place with Detroit.

I had plans to go to the game with Jeff Samardzija's cousin, who is a Rays fan. I called him up the night before we were going to go and told him I didn't feel like going, and that he should just come over and watch it at my house.

So yeah....I should have been there in person. I would have been in a very small group of people to have witnessed both his No-Hittter AND his Perfect Game in person. Biggest regret of my life.

17 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I was at the game for my birthday sitting behind home plate ready to propose to my girlfriend afterwards heading to river north. A perfect day for me I'd say.

This wins. That's amazing!