7/24 Games

BamaDoc

• bmags pinned this topic

20 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

O/U 50 Starts for Spencer Adams in MLB (for the sox)?

I'll say under, but he reminds me a lot of Josh Fogg. And somehow, Fogg had nearly 200 MLB starts, though mostly with very bad Pirates' teams. 

Edited by maggsmaggs

40 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

O/U 50 Starts for Spencer Adams in MLB (for the sox)?

I'll take the over if the Sox give him the opportunity. He's performed at every level as a young for level starter and while his peripherals may not be great, he records a lot of outs. I could easily see him being a backend to mid-rotation innings eater, and since he's ahead of guys like Cease, Hansen, and Dunning, he'll probably have a season and a half before those guys are pushing him for starts, which is right around 50 starts, and if one or more of them fail, he might hang on to that rotation spot for even longer.

2 hours ago, Dam8610 said:

I'll take the over if the Sox give him the opportunity. He's performed at every level as a young for level starter and while his peripherals may not be great, he records a lot of outs. I could easily see him being a backend to mid-rotation innings eater, and since he's ahead of guys like Cease, Hansen, and Dunning, he'll probably have a season and a half before those guys are pushing him for starts, which is right around 50 starts, and if one or more of them fail, he might hang on to that rotation spot for even longer.

Adams right now is like 7th on the depth chart and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get passed by Dunning early next season.  I don’t see him getting an extended look with the Sox unless we suffer several significant injuries.

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Adams right now is like 7th on the depth chart and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get passed by Dunning early next season.  I don’t see him getting an extended look with the Sox unless we suffer several significant injuries.

He is 7th, but I don't think they're going to call Kopech up this year, so once they trade Shields, Adams is a Covey pen demotion away from a shot. Also you all keep assuring me that most of these guys are going to bust, so he'll get his shot through attrition according to what most people on this board think.

31 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

He is 7th, but I don't think they're going to call Kopech up this year, so once they trade Shields, Adams is a Covey pen demotion away from a shot. Also you all keep assuring me that most of these guys are going to bust, so he'll get his shot through attrition according to what most people on this board think.

But I’m not most people and sided with you on that argument 😜  I wouldn’t surprised if he gets a short look, but I just don’t see him getting 50 starts with the Sox unless something seriously go wrong on the injury front.  I see him as a guy who quickly gets pulled when a better prospect shows themselves ready.

• Like 1

• bmags unpinned this topic