Seattle has been scouting Soria/Avilan

ChiSoxJon

14 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Seattle has one of the worst farm systems in the major leagues unfortunately. After their top 5, the talent level really falls off a cliff. 

I'd much rather trade with other contenders have have more depth.

8 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Pretty bare farm but they do have Julio Rodriguez. Querecuto. Carlson (arm injury). They still have Kyle Lewis but his stock has taken a big hit.

If they did a package around Lewis Julio and Querecuto I would accept it.

Don't see that happening but would love it

I'd love to trade with Houston, but I look at their pen and wonder which pitcher Soria would really upgrade.  Maybe Will Harris, but he's been a mainstay for them.
Seattle's has been good too.
Milwaukee's a possibility - I figured that bullpen as a house of cards a while back, despite its numbers.

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

I'd love to trade with Houston, but I look at their pen and wonder which pitcher Soria would really upgrade.  Maybe Will Harris, but he's been a mainstay for them.
Milwaukee's a possibility - I figured that bullpen as a house of cards a while back, despite its numbers.

Maybe MIL and CHC can get in a bidding war for Shields/Soria

25 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Pretty bare farm but they do have Julio Rodriguez. Querecuto. Carlson (arm injury). They still have Kyle Lewis but his stock has taken a big hit.

If they did a package around Lewis Julio and Querecuto I would accept it.

For Soria? No way we are getting that much for him, even with Lewis' stock being down. Soria is a two month rental. Think more along the lines of a Seth Elledge and/or Wyatt Mills type prospect

12 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

For Soria? No way we are getting that much for him, even with Lewis' stock being down. Soria is a two month rental. Think more along the lines of a Seth Elledge and/or Wyatt Mills type prospect

Unless someone decided that $10M is fair for him next season.

Edited by Soxnfins
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

It would be Soria and Avilian. Honestly I'm not sold on Lewis at all he's probably barely a top 100 at this point.

The two guys I want are Querecuto and Rodriguez. 

Edited by wrathofhahn

14 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

It would be Soria and Avilian. Honestly I'm not sold on Lewis at all he's probably barely a top 100 at this point.

I would do those two for Soria and Avilan all day, but I doubt Seattle would trade both of it's most promising young prospects like that

36 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Lewis is a huge question mark, but I trade Soria & Avalin for him in a heartbeat.  Doubt Seattle would do that though.  I’d also do Soria straight up for Rodriguez.

1 hour ago, steveno89 said:

That is way less then what Britton went for. Soria isn't really a rental and he's been pitching much better.

Plus in this scenario we'd also being giving up Avilian. No thanks if thats all we can get.

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

If that's the case, they wouldn't be scouting him in Seattle. 

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lewis is a huge question mark, but I trade Soria & Avalin for him in a heartbeat.  Doubt Seattle would do that though.  I’d also do Soria straight up for Rodriguez.

Yeah I'm not sure Lewis has that kind of value anymore. Honestly I would have preferred Dillion Tate as a headliner.

1 hour ago, wrathofhahn said:

Yeah I'm not sure Lewis has that kind of value anymore. Honestly I would have preferred Dillion Tate as a headliner.

Lewis' value is certainly down, but I doubt Seattle ships him out for a rental reliever. 

Just now, steveno89 said:

Lewis' value is certainly down, but I doubt Seattle ships him out for a rental reliever. 

Maybe. With his serious knee injury which may force him to 1B/DH and lack of production (he's only really ever hit at low A ball) I'm not all that high on him either.

You do what we did with the Yankees trade last year. You throw in Soria + + and get one above average prospect then a middle of the roader you would get with Soria alone. We have a minor league full of those guys( along with some exceptional) so I would rather get a potential high ceiling guy. A Shields+ Soria, etc package is the way to go IMO.

59 minutes ago, SoxSteve said:

You do what we did with the Yankees trade last year. You throw in Soria + + and get one above average prospect then a middle of the roader you would get with Soria alone. We have a minor league full of those guys( along with some exceptional) so I would rather get a potential high ceiling guy. A Shields+ Soria, etc package is the way to go IMO.

Yeah, I think a Shields/Soria/Avilan or Cedeno package would be able to net a T100 prospect Honestly, The Sox best chance of getting a worthwile prospect is a package deal with a team in win now mode like the Mariners, that also only has 1 or 2 top 100 prospects. They'd probably be willing to part with one of those players if the deal meets most of the team needs. For petes sake, please eat Shields' contract if it means you get a better return. The big issue is their T100 guy(Lewis) is an OF and the Sox already have plenty of those. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I want lewis.  Nobody else in their farm even moves the needle.  Sox can more than afford to take a chance on Lewis.  Sox got OF prospects for days.  If he doesn't pan out, meh.  He's got an upside though that would make it an ideal acquisition imo.

Also just heard on the radio out here that they might be looking at Shields, especially with Paxton and Felix battling injuries and ineffectiveness respectively.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I want lewis.  Nobody else in their farm even moves the needle.  Sox can more than afford to take a chance on Lewis.  Sox got OF prospects for days.  If he doesn't pan out, meh.  He's got an upside though that would make it an ideal acquisition imo.

Also just heard on the radio out here that they might be looking at Shields, especially with Paxton and Felix battling injuries and ineffectiveness respectively.

They can have all three if they want Shields, Soria and Avilian if it nets us a good package.

Querecuto and Rodriguez definitely move the needle for me.  We could also take a chance on Carlson. Out with TJ but he'd easily be a top 100 guy if healthy.

Edited by wrathofhahn

3 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

They can have all three if they want Shields, Soria and Avilian if it nets us a good package.

The Mariners are in free fall.  Dipoto is an a tough spot and has shown in the past he has zero qualms about gutting the farm to get who he wants.  They don't have much of a farm left to sell but the Sox could really take advantage here.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, SoxSteve said:

I think packaging players is fine and I the way to go, but we gave up three good players in that Yankees trade year including a cost-controlled high upside arm in Kahnle.  Adding Shields to a Soria trade doesn’t move the needle enough IMo.  I think our best chance of landing a pretty good prospect is adding someone like Sanchez or Leury or even Avi (if value can be had) to the mix.

The Red Sox for example could still use bullpen & 2B help and a packagd built around Groome for Yolmer & Soria would be awfully attractive to me.

The Phillies could use Avi & Soria and might be willing to give up Medina.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Shields makes sense for them as an innings eater, but I can’t imagine he nets you much.  If we could somehow get Rodriguez for him and he suddenly becomes the next Tatis that would set the world right again 😜