7/25 Games

soxfan49

4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

If we get 1 solid MLB starter out of Cease and Dunning, would you consider that a success? 

No, need one of them to be a lot more than solid.  Cease might have a chance to be a legit ace at this point and I see #3 starter potential in Dunning.  Really need one of them to live up to their potential.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I highly recommend that anyone with MILBTV watch this Barons game.  Cease with 9 K’s through 5 perfect innings with 43 of 62 pitches for strikes (69%).  

He really looks incredible tonight.  Just got a swinging K on a 3-2 count on a changeup.

Rick Sutcliffe said Cease was the best Cubs pitching prospect since he became a Cub in 1984. He does do some spring training work with the team.

38 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

If we get 1 solid MLB starter out of Cease and Dunning, would you consider that a success? 

I suppose, but I think I'm higher on Dunning than most. I see #2 potential in him mostly because of how solid and consistent he's been since coming over to the White Sox (prior to the injury of course). Cease obviously has ace potential and many people keep saying he may need to go to the pen, but I don't see a reason for it. He's done nothing but show he can start this year.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I highly recommend that anyone with MILBTV watch this Barons game.  Cease with 9 K’s through 5 perfect innings with 43 of 62 pitches for strikes (69%).  

He really looks incredible tonight.  Just got a swinging K on a 3-2 count on a changeup.

So when does he get the call to AAA? Does he really have anything left to prove at AA?

3 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

I suppose, but I think I'm higher on Dunning than most. I see #2 potential in him mostly because of how solid and consistent he's been since coming over to the White Sox (prior to the injury of course). Cease obviously has ace potential and many people keep saying he may need to go to the pen, but I don't see a reason for it. He's done nothing but show he can start this year.

So when does he get the call to AAA? Does he really have anything left to prove at AA?

He still needs to build up innings so no need to rush him, but I could see an early promotion to AAA next year and a 2019 major league appearance is a very realistic possibility now. 

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I mean, he looks like a Kopech caliber prospect tonight.  I can’t underscore how dominant he looks right now.

It does mean he thinks he is better than Prior and Wood. Also Maddux. So it is probably a bit of an exaggeration.

Edited by Dick Allen

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

😍

The Cubs trade has a chance to be one of those historically lopsided trades when looking back on it 10 years from now. Well done RH!

So does the Red Sox trade with the way Basabe has been playing lately.