Escape from LA game thread

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

god damn man, fuck the umps with moncada, puts him an awful 0-2 hole, AGAIN

Ump legit looked like he didn't see the ball hit the glove yet called 0-2 ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

yea, resigned to that fact as well.  Solid player, not ever going to be a star.

It's not what anyone hoped for, but he's done well enough against lefties in his career that he could be used creatively to get the most out of his power/speed/defense combo but maybe not playing every day. Which ya, means he'll never be an all star. 

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

this angels team is not very likeable.

I mean I don't mind guys pimping homers and even big hits in late innings but a single up the middle in the 3rd? lmao what a clown move.

22 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

yea, resigned to that fact as well.  Solid player, not ever going to be a star.

A guy who plays good defense, hits for power and can steal a ton of bases can be argued as a star, although I catch your drift. I, too, would not think of him as a star but he would be an extremely useful piece on a good team.

20 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

It's not what anyone hoped for, but he's done well enough against lefties in his career that he could be used creatively to get the most out of his power/speed/defense combo but maybe not playing every day. Which ya, means he'll never be an all star. 

I think part of it is we assumed he'd either be an All-Star or a Courtney Hawkins redux and somehow he's looking like a solid MLB regular, the part of distribution of outcomes nobody was really betting on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jake said:

I think part of it is we assumed he'd either be an All-Star or a Courtney Hawkins redux and somehow he's looking like a solid MLB regular, the part of distribution of outcomes nobody was really betting on.

I think he's more like the 6th best player on a contending team.  Definitely starter material, but his contact has been weird this year.  Seems like his hard hit balls have been homers and not a lot of gappers at all.  Huge red flags with his inability to walk over the last 125 or so at bats, but he's getting some cheap hits of late to thankfully keep him afloat.  Defense has been way better of late.