Escape from LA game thread

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Honestly just removing Engel and Thompson from the equation makes that number significantly higher, I'm sure 

A little, but They don’t have anyone who plays regularly at .330. Obviously Abreu has been on a bad streak, so he’s will be better,, and Moncada should wind up higher. But the others? I am not very optimistic. 

4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Honestly just removing Engel and Thompson from the equation makes that number significantly higher, I'm sure 

I mean, Avi’s walked like three times all season and the rest of the lineup outside of Moncada, Davidson, & Narvaez are below average at drawing walks.  It’s a real issue.  The good news is we have several prospects coming who should help solve that problem.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

42 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The Sox are digging a really deep hole here. If they want to make the playoffs, they need to start winning soon.

If we don’t get turned around in the next couple of weeks we may be out of it

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I mean, Avi’s walked like three times all season and the rest of the lineup outside of Moncada, Davidson, & Narvaez are below average at drawing walks.  It’s a real issue.  The good news is we have several prospects coming who should help solve that problem.

It is an issue, but who are the several?  The Sox are going to need 4-5 hitters .800 OPS and above; and only a couple can be of the no-defense profile like Avi and Abreu.  These college hitters should look good through A Ball, but once they hit AA, we get closer to reality.  There are some there.

Edited by GreenSox

2 hours ago, fathom said:

What more does Volstad have to do to get DFA?

I don't like to overtly criticize a Sox player.  But, Volstad has no business on this or any ML team.  Especially this team.

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

But Engel and his 568 OPS are in the lineup every day because he saves at least 5-6 runs per game. They could not find one single guy who was worth replacing him with but now Leury is getting some time until his next injury. 

9 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

It is an issue, but who are the several?  The Sox are going to need 4-5 hitters .800 OPS and above; and only a couple can be of the no-defense profile like Avi and Abreu.  These college hitters should look good through A Ball, but once they hit AA, we get closer to reality.  There are some there.

We’re talking about OBP.  Jimenez should be at least be average since he’ll hit for high average.  Collins has the second most walks in professional baseball.   Basabe is walking at about a 12% rate.  Zavala draws walks in the double digits.  Those are probably the next four positional prospects of importance to hit the show.

10 hours ago, ttommarello823 said:

Can’t be satisfied with a SS who hits in the 240’s.  

Uribe barely hit .250 in 2005.

Anderson’s current OPS is equal to what Uribe’s was in 2005.

Edited by soxfan49