Soria traded for Kodi Medeiros and Wilber Perez.

Sleepy Harold

40 minutes ago, Quinarvy said:

Alex Rios + $$$ for Leury Garcia!

We might start having our own 40 man roster crunch in a season or two, as we will be unable to protect all these prospects we have acquired. It's a good problem to have as some will inevitably become trade assets.

On an unrelated note, The Tampa Bay Rays have very quietly assembled an impressive and deep farm system of talent. I can see them being a force in 3 seasons.

Edited by steveno89

Someone said earlier that Medeiros reminds them of Rodon, I think that's the best comparison. Slider is filth, has plus-plus potential if he can locate it, fastball is average to above, needs to develop the change and control. A poor man's Carlos Rodon is a great comp IMO. Hopefully he can reach that potential.

16 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Someone said earlier that Medeiros reminds them of Rodon, I think that's the best comparison. Slider is filth, has plus-plus potential if he can locate it, fastball is average to above, needs to develop the change and control. A poor man's Carlos Rodon is a great comp IMO. Hopefully he can reach that potential.

That's his ceiling, floor in 'pen

4 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

It was a joke. There was a thread in early 2006 that was titled "Where's Our Liriano?" During a time when the Twins were bringing up good players from the minors left and right and the Sox were spending 1st round picks on noted bums such as Lance Broadway and Kyle McCulloch. I was hoping some of the board vets such as ChisoxFn, Tony, and SS2k5 would laugh at it. 

Hey, if you’re going to reference the greatest philosophical question of White Sox history you better credit its creator! 😁

Btw, I was satisfied that we did eventually find our Liriano — Chris Sale

Just now, Flash Tizzle said:

Hey, if you’re going to reference the greatest philosophical question of White Sox history you better credit its creator! 😁

And I would say Rodon has a lot of Liriano qualities

1 hour ago, Flash Tizzle said:

1 hour ago, fathom said:

And I would say Rodon has a lot of Liriano qualities

Also...Liriano?

VERY pleased with this return. Love Medeiros. Was hoping for a better secondary piece than Perez, but we also know very little about him, so he could be a guy has taken a big turn or matured physically this season. Seems like a lottery ticket to me, but I trust that if we made such a deep dive on him, it's because they saw something they loved.

For those wondering what Kodi's velo is right now, I just fired up his start from last night on MiLB.tv. The Biloxi feed doesn't have any graphic, so I can't see any readings, but I'm hoping the commentator mentions it at some point. I'll edit this post with any velos I hear.

Slider - 77 MPH, 76 MPH, 77 MPH

Welp. That was is. Only 3 teams was velocity ever mentioned in his last start. His slider is beautiful and slurvy. He commands it pretty well. Honestly, his command in his last start was just fine. I think he only walked 1 batter, and it was on a blown 3-2 count strike. His defense let him down a ton.

I guess I'll go find the start BEFORE this one and see what I can find for velocity.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

For those wondering what Kodi's velo is right now, I just fired up his start from last night on MiLB.tv. The Biloxi feed doesn't have any graphic, so I can't see any readings, but I'm hoping the commentator mentions it at some point. I'll edit this post with any velos I hear.

Slider - 77 MPH

I can't fucking imagine playing baseball in Biloxi in the summer on a daily basis.  I bet the local ladies are thirsty tho in this sweltering summer humidity.  There's something about warm humid beach town weather that makes people let loose a bit all around.  I spent some time in biloxi this winter, day trip from NOLA.  Not a lot going on really.  Military base, baseball, a go cart place, "black beach" but that's about it.  I guess the town hasn't recovered post Katrina.  Lost a lot of fisherman and jobs after that hurricane.

/caulfield

56 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Slider - 77 MPH, 76 MPH, 77 MPH

Welp. That was is. Only 3 teams was velocity ever mentioned in his last start. His slider is beautiful and slurvy. He commands it pretty well. Honestly, his command in his last start was just fine. I think he only walked 1 batter, and it was on a blown 3-2 count strike. His defense let him down a ton.

I guess I'll go find the start BEFORE this one and see what I can find for velocity.

In his 2nd to last start, all I have heard so far is the Biloxi home announcer say he sits between 92-94 on the fastball. I feel like their own announcer should have the most up-to-date info on his velocity, unless the readings he is seeing are wrong.

I've reached out to Biloxi's PBP TV guy for clarity.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

51 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I can't fucking imagine playing baseball in Biloxi in the summer on a daily basis.  I bet the local ladies are thirsty tho in this sweltering summer humidity.  There's something about warm humid beach town weather that makes people let loose a bit all around.  I spent some time in biloxi this winter, day trip from NOLA.  Not a lot going on really.  Military base, baseball, a go cart place, "black beach" but that's about it.  I guess the town hasn't recovered post Katrina.  Lost a lot of fisherman and jobs after that hurricane.

/caulfield

🤣

Edited by soxfan2014

One thing of note, Medeiros won't have to worry about batting anymore. In the minors, National League affiliates have the option to use a DH or not in AA and AAA. The Brewers choose to make their pitchers hit, at least in AA. Medeiros did hit a Grand Slam recently, but not having to take BP or at least only having to focus on pitching may be beneficial.

3 hours ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Hard to pass up Lance and his 89 heater in the first round before the Yankees grabbed him.