Carlos Rodon receiving trade interest

fathom

Not surprised by this, as he's looked wonderful of late. If Hahn got a Q-like package for him, I say do it. We still have no idea if he can stay healthy for extended periods and with Boras as his agent, the expectation is he jumps when he's a free agent.  WSD has suggested in the past that the Sox haven't cared for his offseason preparation.  Brewers, Yankees, Braves and Padres seem to be the best fits.

Edited by fathom
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I will bet it has. And probably to an equal amount of hang ups once they hear the price. 

Yeah I'm not worried about this. No way we trade him unless we're blown away. And with his injury history, I doubt such a package will be offered 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yeah I'm not worried about this. No way we trade him unless we're blown away. And with his injury history, I doubt such a package will be offered 

The Padres want a TOR starter and Rodon looks like he’s finally fulfilling his potential.  I’m sure you’re right, but if one team did something crazy it’s the team that spent $140M on Hosmer when they we’ret even ready to compete.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The only org right now that could probably sway me is the Padres.  I would happily take Mejia, Allen, & Naylor for Rodon.

In the other thread on it, I listed Padres, Brewers, Yanks and Braves. I would say Phillies also.  

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

The Padres want a TOR starter and Rodon looks like he’s finally fulfilling his potential.  I’m sure you’re right, but if one team did something crazy it’s the team that spent $140M on Hosmer when they we’ret even ready to compete.

And has already said Mejia, Urias and Quantrill aren't untouchable apparently 

Rodon's potential outweighs his performance by so much that I don't see how this trade could go down. The Sox asking price would be on Q levels, but it doesn't seem likely that a team would be willing to pay that price for what Rodon could be. I don't think Rodon would have a lower asking price than Chris Archer and Archer has a much better track record of health and success.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

And has already said Mejia, Urias and Quantrill aren't untouchable apparently 

The rumor I saw Tatis & Gore were the only untouchables.  Don’t think I’d deal with them without Mejia coming back in the deal.  Urias is obviously awesome but would make the infield situation even more complicated.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

The rumor I saw Tatis & Gore were the only untouchables.  Don’t think I’d deal with them without Mejia coming back in the deal.  Urias is obviously awesome but would make the infield situation even more complicated.

Rodon and TA for Urias, Quantrill, ++? That way the middle infield situation would be clear... I don't think I'd do that if I were either team though. But if Tatis and Gore are untouchable, I don't know how it would work.

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Rodon and TA for Urias, Quantrill, ++? That way the middle infield situation would be clear... I don't think I'd do that if I were either team though. But if Tatis and Gore are untouchable, I don't know how it would work.

If I can get Mejia and two lower end top 100 types I’m all for it.  I think a package like that would be attractive because it lets them keep five of their six top prospects and let’s us get one blue chipper while taking advantage of their depth.

Mejia should be the easiest to trade...doesn't have that fear of trading the unknown for the known.....you just say we flipped Brad Hand for Carlos Rodon.   That the Indians gave up Mejia for a reliever gives me pause to wonder if he's not overrated.

If I were Hahn, I would just want to forget Tatis.  Talk about no-win.  "Yea, I had to trade Carlos Rodon to recover who I squandered for James Shields."  And then if he turns out a bust?  Yikes!

14 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

I'm sure he has.  I mean, unless someone wants to offer us the equivalent of Vlad Guerrero, Jr. & Bo Bichette, + a lottery ticket then gtho.  He's got 3 relatively cheap years left after this year. 

That's bonkers. Vlad Guerrero is worth more than Rodon on his own. Vladdy is straight Gold.

That's not to downsize Rodon's value... just to make sure you realize that Vlad is insanely valuable right now.

Oh, and on Mejia, why do people want him? He's not going to be able to play catcher long term due to his defensive inabilities... if he goes anywhere else he's just an average hitter (he doesn't have much pop).

I am not trading Carlos Rodon for anything short of a significant overpay, and I don't see that happening.  

The Padres are interesting, but I don't want Mejia as only significant piece.  Dude isn't going to be a catcher, and when he's not a catcher, he's not nearly as exciting. 

• Like 3

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I am not trading Carlos Rodon for anything short of a significant overpay, and I don't see that happening.  

The Padres are interesting, but I don't want Mejia as only significant piece.  Dude isn't going to be a catcher, and when he's not a catcher, he's not nearly as exciting. 

This deadline returns have been pretty awful. Might not be the right time to deal him but then there really is no caliber of comparable pitcher available

Edited by wrathofhahn