It’s Time To Put Up or Shut Up, Rick

caulfield12

I accidentally reacted to this post so now I need to comment.

There are some sentiments I would agree with but larry is so obnoxious and sss has declined so miserably I just am annoyed having read it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

There are some sentiments I would agree with but larry is so obnoxious and sss has declined so miserably I just am annoyed having read it.

Yep.  SSS has turned to garbage since Jim left.

Just now, bmags said:

POTY.  SSS is really, really bad without Margulas.  And it seems like SoxMachine has less articles and more pointless podcasts.  Thank god for James Fegan.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, winninguglyin83 said:

Amen on James Fegan.

He is miles and miles and miles ahead of the competition.

Hope he stays around for awhile. 

The Tribune and Sun-Times have given up. 

DST tries, merk tries, if there was no fegan...yikes. I'll add garfein though, garfein and fegan are a nice 1-2 punch of access (garfein) and analysis (fegan)

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

NBCsportsChicago does a nice job with their coverage.

Fegan is good but is sometimes too overly pessimistic for my liking. Either way, at least he puts out a lot of content. I agree that NBCSC does a good job even if they may be overly optimistic. I'm just waiting for someone to be in between! 

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Fegan is good but is sometimes too overly pessimistic for my liking. Either way, at least he puts out a lot of content. I agree that NBCSC does a good job even if they may be overly optimistic. I'm just waiting for someone to be in between! 

NBCSC is definitely overly optimistic, but given how this season has gone that can be a good thing at times.

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

Ask Cubs fans right now if they care that Kris Bryant was kept down in the minors so they could obtain an extra year of control during his peak years. Ask them if it’s affected other free agents or players on the roster. 

Weak effort.

I mean, this is a site that gave KenWo a platform to write opinion pieces.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

These people are the most annoying it's like they have no idea what a rebuild was and how it works.

If Hahn promotes our best prospects burning an extra year of service time because some idiot writer is bored then he deserves to be fired.

Edited by wrathofhahn

9 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

These people are the most annoying it's like they have no idea what a rebuild was and how it works.

If Hahn promotes our best prospects burning an extra year of service time because some idiot writer is bored then he deserves to be fired.

While I disagree that they should be promoted due to boredom (they should be promtoed because they are ready and it’s likely best for their development), posts like this are gonna look pretty foolish when the new CBA completely changes the service time rules.

Edited by Jose Abreu

15 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

While I disagree that they should be promoted due to boredom (they should be promtoed because they are ready and it’s likely best for their development), posts like this are gonna look pretty foolish when the new CBA completely changes the service time rules.

CBA rules won't be changed regarding service time owners have zero incentive to do so

Edited by wrathofhahn

The "character" of this article, if you can call it character, is that of a 2 year old stomping their feet because they don't get what they want. This is just stupid. While I agree Jimenez should be called up in the next few weeks if he continues this tear, you could argue heavily Kopech is not ready, and definitely wasn't months ago. Very poor taste in writing whoever wrote this.

• Like 2