Lopez’s Perfect Game(thread)

52 minutes ago, Jake said:

I'd agree that Reynaldo looks like he's due for a little bonus rest if the Sox can buy some for him. His velocity varies so much within and between games that I don't know whether I should think it's because he's tired, consciously backing off, or what.

I'm thinking dead arm.

21 minutes ago, Richie said:

And... variance continues to smack Lopez in the face. 

Deep down, I knew it. I didn't want to believe the peripherals, though.

If this continues, it's going to be difficult to pencil him into the rotation next season. The one thing that will kill this rebuild is if all the young pitchers bust, as Hahn went the pitching path instead of the hitting path with the rebuild.  

20 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What in his peripherals suggested he’d give up five HR’s tonight though?

He had basically been the luckiest BABIP pitcher in the league, giving up a ton of fly balls and had an xFIP over 5.5... I realize xFIP isn't perfect, but that's such a huge gap compared to his sub 4 ERA prior to these last two starts. I'm not saying he won't be a solid MLB pitcher, but this whole narrative of "Lopez is a silver lining" has been a lie. 

Just now, fathom said:

If this continues, it's going to be difficult to pencil him into the rotation next season. The one thing that will kill this rebuild is if all the young pitchers bust, as Hahn went the pitching path instead of the hitting path with the rebuild.  

Yeah... the pitching situation with our prospects is very, very unsettling right now. You only need 3 or so to really pan out as good starters. It's just frustrating right now, though.

Just now, fathom said:

Also please move Yolmer down in the order. No reason he should be getting so many more at bats that Anderson or Avi

Yeah, dropping Anderson so far down in the order against RHP seems a bit drastic.

3 minutes ago, Richie said:

Yeah... the pitching situation with our prospects is very, very unsettling right now. You only need 3 or so to really pan out as good starters. It's just frustrating right now, though.

It's where you wonder just how useful Cooper is with the new philosophy of pitching to combat the launch angle revolution. 

3 minutes ago, ttommarello823 said:

Anyone else think the constant playing around with the batting order hurts the Sox.  It seems as if the better teams have a set lineup that remains consistent throughout the season, with minor adjustments.

Every team's fans  thinks their manager tinkers to much. Sox just have crappy hitters.

Edited by fathom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Might as well, maybe he should just keep getting reps there. 

He didn't look terrible the first time. If he doesn't look terrible the second time and we insist on keeping him on the roster, I think you keep trying it.