Matt Davidson, Designated Pitcher

Heads22

36 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I am not a fan of position players pitching even in blow outs. Santiago could have gone the 9th. My feeling is that moves like this don’t respect the game 

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/gendersport/stats.aspx?careerid=28f0ee9f-e6f4-e211-99e4-002655e6c126&gendersport=boys,baseball Matt's high school career pitching numbers are pretty good...I know it doesn't mean 💩 now, but it's not like he doesn't know what he's doing on the mound.  We can dream big and think, what if he kept this up and actually turned into a semi decent pitcher, now wouldn't that be something? 

13 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/gendersport/stats.aspx?careerid=28f0ee9f-e6f4-e211-99e4-002655e6c126&gendersport=boys,baseball Matt's high school career pitching numbers are pretty good...I know it doesn't mean 💩 now, but it's not like he doesn't know what he's doing on the mound.  We can dream big and think, what if he kept this up and actually turned into a semi decent pitcher, now wouldn't that be something? 

I guess I should have added that there is always a chance that a position player being used to pitch has a chance of injury too. I know there are other opinions on the issue but that’s mine

14 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

I am not a fan of position players pitching even in blow outs. Santiago could have gone the 9th. My feeling is that moves like this don’t respect the game 

How about putting pitchers in to play 3B?

Only going to see more and more stuff like this until they expand the active roster to 26, which will almost certainly happen next CBA negotiation.

14 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

I'm okay with pitching Davidson, but since this wasn't out of necessity (there were pitchers available) the Blue Jays should put full effort against him and not take it easy on him.

3 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

I guess I should have added that there is always a chance that a position player being used to pitch has a chance of injury too. I know there are other opinions on the issue but that’s mine

Not anymore than they do during an AB or in the field. Probably less... 

Sorry, I don't understand your outlook here. 

Edited by Richie