7/30 Games

SoxAce

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Collins looks so overmatched at the plate. It's hard to picture him ever being a competent MLB hitter in terms of average.  

Because of one bad night?  His wRC+ is like in the top three in the entire league and he’s actually age appropriate.  I’m far more worried about his ability to stick behind the plate based on the most recent scouting reports.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Someone in trade winds mentioned if anyone would trade Collins, Rutherford and Adams for Realmuto. I'm sure the Marlins would want way more, but I hope Hahn would say yes before Marlins GM put down the drugs.

Didn't see it posted, but Realmuto is not THAT good.

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Didn't see it posted, but Realmuto is not THAT good.

WAR of 2.4, 2.6 , 3.6, and 3.8 so far this year!   27 years old.   this to me is exactly the kind of guy you target. .311/ .361/ .531   and positive metrics on defense.   I believe not a free agent till after 2021 or am I wrong.   if after 2020, I would reconsider unless extension agreed upon.

Edited by BamaDoc

3 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

WAR of 2.4, 2.6 , 3.6, and 3.8 so far this year!   27 years old.   this to me is exactly the kind of guy you target. .311/ .361/ .531   and positive metrics on defense.   I believe not a free agent till after 2021 or am I wrong.   if after 2020, I would reconsider unless extension agreed upon.

After 2020. Therefore I don't think it's worth it

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I just don’t see how Hahn can keep him down.  Even with Kris Bryant the kid was K’ing 30% of the time.  Jimenez has simply been too good for this “hasn’t checked off all boxes” comment to hold weight much longer.

I don’t believe Hahn can justify it much longer. Eloy has been on a ridiculous (albeit unsustainable) tear that coincided with the now infamous “check the boxes” remark. The media is beginning their Eloy promotional assault and there aren’t many more excuses you can give for a prospect hitting nearly .400.

If we were entering September i’d be confident Hahn would hold him down through the end of the season. With two months to go? I’m not so sure. We’ll see if Hahn has the balls to do it. 

11 hours ago, Flash Tizzle said:

I don’t believe Hahn can justify it much longer. Eloy has been on a ridiculous (albeit unsustainable) tear that coincided with the now infamous “check the boxes” remark. The media is beginning their Eloy promotional assault and there aren’t many more excuses you can give for a prospect hitting nearly .400.

If we were entering September i’d be confident Hahn would hold him down through the end of the season. With two months to go? I’m not so sure. We’ll see if Hahn has the balls to do it. 

Does Eloy beat Vlady Jr. to The Show ? Vlady headed to AAA now after Sr.'s HOF induction.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

8 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

After 2020. Therefore I don't think it's worth it

He and Arenado are the 2020 targets unless the Sox are able to draft Rutschman or one of Collins or Zavala takes off and becomes the everyday ML starter at C between now and then.

32 minutes ago, zisk said:

Bring him up. I'm saying this only half kiddingly.

At least to AAA. I don't know what more he has to show at AA. Since his first bad outing, he's dominated the level.