Can we get a Shields rumor?

southsider2k5

Just now, daggins said:

Probably not, but August should yield what you seek.

Rumors have been very light for the Sox this year, I think they plugged a lot of leaks in the last few years.

Agreed.  The Soria trade certainly came out of nowhere.

3 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Honestly he's about the last priority to me.  He won't return anything.  I'd be surprised if a contender wants him anyway.   There's room to bring up a young starter - he can go to the pen.

Please do not put people who need to build up innings and arms and consistency and repetition in the bullpen.

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Please do not put people who need to build up innings and arms and consistency and repetition in the bullpen.

Yea, move Avilan and Cedeno - creates room and will get a little something.
Currently in the pen, only Fry and Danish are of any long term interest really, as of now.

Edited by GreenSox

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

lmao they kept doing that another year with someone (I can't remember who). They were referring to the voice as: "Big Voice Guy" or something like that.

I think his name is Russ Spatera or Russ Patera.   Either way he is awesome at his job

I don't understand why the M's don't toss the Sox a semi-interesting A baller for Shields. They could really use his innings eating at the back of their rotation, and maybe going to a pitcher's park in Safeco would help mitigate the HRs Shields gives up. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't understand why the M's don't toss the Sox a semi-interesting A baller for Shields. They could really use his innings eating at the back of their rotation, and maybe going to a pitcher's park in Safeco would help mitigate the HRs Shields gives up. 

I don't think anyone would give a semi-interesting A Baller for Shields. Maybe if the White Sox picked up the entire remaining contract that would be workable, but are the M's really that desperate for an extra $3 million?

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't think anyone would give a semi-interesting A Baller for Shields. Maybe if the White Sox picked up the entire remaining contract that would be workable, but are the M's really that desperate for an extra $3 million?

No, but they are desperate for SP and they really don't have anything to trade. Their farm system is 2013 Sox bad. 

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

No one is claiming that contract in August. Sox would just let him go at the pro-rated $20m and save money.

What contract? He's owed like $3 million for the rest of his career. The rest is covered by the Padres.