KW on Jimenez/Kopech

Jose Abreu

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/white-sox-exercising-double-patience-top-prospects

“While Eloy Jimenez is hitting .370 in the minor leagues (up to .383 while writing this) and can compete at the major league level right now, there are some things we want him to experience defensively so that he’s more of a well-rounded player when he comes here. And the kids who are even below him or even with him like Michael Kopech,” Williams said.

It's like whenever the front office says something about him, he hits even more

Edit- Another hit since this post. .396 average now

Edited by Jose Abreu

Remember when I said that before his DL stint he didn't deserve to be called up because his OPS was only in the .800s?

Stop fooling around and let him start working against big league pitching. How Moncada's callup was earned last year and this one isn't I simply can't fathom. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Remember when I said that before his DL stint he didn't deserve to be called up because his OPS was only in the .800s?

Stop fooling around and let him start working against big league pitching. How Moncada's callup was earned last year and this one isn't I simply can't fathom. 

And then last week, the only rational response was "small sample size/Coors Field-esuqe home park" so he goes and drops a ~1.600 OPS week at road parks

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

And then last week, the only rational response was "small sample size/Coors Field-esuqe home park" so he goes and drops a ~1.600 OPS week at road parks

Pretty soon he's going to snap his fingers while holding the bat and accidentally half of humanity will vanish.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If there is anything I would ever bet a house on, it is that when Jimenez has his first slump, it will be because Kenny Williams rushed him.

“Didn’t we learn with Moncada? Why would we rush Eloy in a year when the games didnt matter anyway? So stupid to bring him up so soon.”

7 hours ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Nah, no one thinks KW is "evil," IMO. I think most who criticize him do so because they think he's stupid.

Then the posters really don't know what they are talking about. He may be stubborn, opinionated and have his own views on players but the last thing he is would be stupid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1