KW on Jimenez/Kopech

Jose Abreu

12 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Well, if it’s not in the next week, it would be a mistake IMO. I can see 2 months of MLB development being greater than a year of possible service time, but not just 1 or so

Or they could sign them to extensions at some point and render this whole debate about service time moot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Also a day where Avi and Palka shined. You would have to think he would basically take one of their places.

One way to keep them all there would be to convert Delmonico to DH/1B, Palka as LF/DH, Eloy to starting LF, and DFA Davidson. Obviously keeping Avi in RF 

5 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Flu-like symptoms the same day Getz says he's "very close to MLB ready" and a day before the Sox begin a 6 game homestand? I'm skeptical 

I hope your right. Just odd they would announce the flu like symptoms just to call him up. 

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

LF: Jimenez

RF: Avi

DH: Palka 

So you think Palka has passed Delmonico? Nicky would probably be the odd man out. Or Davidson. 

They have to keep Leury. Unless you want to see Engel even more in CF.

And dont get me wrong, I am not suggesting losing one of these guys is going to be very painful.

Edited by Dick Allen

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

So you think Palka has passed Delmonico? Nicky would probably be the odd man out. Or Davidson. 

They have to keep Leury. Unless you want to see Engel even more in CF.

And dont get me wrong, I am not suggesting losing one of these guys is going to be very painful.

Honestly, I go back & forth on Palka vs. Nicky.  I’d probably lean Delmonico if it were up to me, but I feel like the org will go with Palka.  There’s room for both if they cut bait on Davidson, although I don’t see that happening.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Yeah, you could almost argue Yolmer, but that won’t happen, either.

Trade Leury?   

Engel’s the one guy pretty much nobody cares about remaining  on the roster or not.  Except for his immediate family.

Shields goes, to someone, or Covey to the bullpen and Minaya dfa’d?

One of Nicky/Palka/Davidson goes for Eloy.

I’d just DFA Santiago to make room Kopech and move Shields (or Covey) to the pen.

21 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Honestly, I go back & forth on Palka vs. Nicky.  I’d probably lean Delmonico if it were up to me, but I feel like the org will go with Palka.  There’s room for both if they cut bait on Davidson, although I don’t see that happening.

I think the org likes Nicky more (hell they featured him on the prospects show last season with CSN) but Palka's power might win out. In either case, either of those guys can go for Eloy.