Adam Duvall to the Braves

Sleepy Harold

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The Braves traded the best outfielder in this trade, plus two pitchers, for the worst outfielder in this trade

And one of those pitchers is a former 1st round pick who, despite lost his top prospect shine, has still been pretty solid. That's a Rick Hahn type move. I like the Sims get alot for Cincy.

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

The Braves traded the best outfielder in this trade, plus two pitchers, for the worst outfielder in this trade

Wait wait wait. How can we already judge this trade? If it's too early to pass judgement on Moncada then it is far too early to judge this trade.

Duvall has some serious pop in his bat. What if he hits a game winner homer against the Cubs in game five of the NLDS?

Something. Does. Not. Compute.

7 hours ago, tlongo81@gmail.com said:

Duvall has been worth over 1 WAR this year.

Tucker has been worth less than 0.3.

Isn't cherry picking stats fun !

WAR is a counting stat, and Duvall has more playing time. It's the reason I chose a rate stat to use.

Good attempt at sarcasm, but you should probably learn more about what you're talking about first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Duvall is supposed to be a solid defender with big pop, and this year I've seen that he's made more contact but just been unlucky.  Maybe the braves are buying into his luck changing with theove down there? 

It just seems like a steep price to pay for a marginal (if any) upgrade. I wonder if it was as much about a 40-man crunch as anything else, as both pitchers have been around a while.

5 hours ago, Eminor3rd said:

WAR is a counting stat, and Duvall has more playing time. It's the reason I chose a rate stat to use.

Good attempt at sarcasm, but you should probably learn more about what you're talking about first.

I understand how WAR works. I didn't realize that Duvall had triple amount of at bats. My bad there.

Alen Hansen wRC+ of 108

Yoan moncada WRC+ of 95

Who is the better player?

Just now, tlongo81@gmail.com said:

I understand how WAR works. I didn't realize that Duvall had triple amount of at bats. My bad there.

Alen Hansen wRC+ of 108

Yoan moncada WRC+ of 95

Well, one of those guys has 197 PAs, the other has 429...

8 minutes ago, tlongo81@gmail.com said:

Alen Hansen wRC+ of 108

Yoan moncada WRC+ of 95

Moncada is the better player.  Age 23 season, 97 (career 97) vs. Age 23 season for Hansen, 44 (career 80).

3 minutes ago, tlongo81@gmail.com said:

Thank you for proving my point about using Wrc+ to compare Tucker and Duvall.

Again, what stat are you guys cherry picking to show that Tucker is better than Duvall?

Duvall is a career 96 wRC+ hitter at 29 years old. Not sure this is the hill you want to die on.