Tommy Pham traded to Rays

Sleepy Harold

4 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Doesn't surprise me one bit. He isn't exactly young and they are selling high on him.

Not sure this deal qualifies as selling high on a player with three more seasons of arbitration control. Arguably it is selling low. 

2 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Weird trade, but it seems to be a trade due to clubhouse problems with Pham. I don't necessarily think Pham is 'in the wrong' here as I don't know all the details.

He definitely sounds like a bit of a drama queen, especially for someone as unproven as him and already 30 years old.

14 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Weird trade, but it seems to be a trade due to clubhouse problems with Pham. I don't necessarily think Pham is 'in the wrong' here as I don't know all the details.

Complaining about a player, who is currently no longer with the club, playing over him over a year ago makes him not in the wrong? Seems like he could just move past it like other players do.

On 7/31/2018 at 12:23 PM, GreenSox said:

Nice trade for the redbirds...they move a lot of their good not great players along when they approach 30.

Really the Rays got him for nothing and he gets to play CF. I have no idea what we are doing we didn't move the guys we should have and we didn't add any stop gaps or controllable guys like Pham in the offseason that could be worth more.

This rebuild is going to take longer then most people think if we are just going to waste years being bad without stockpiling assets.

1 hour ago, wrathofhahn said:

Really the Rays got him for nothing and he gets to play CF. I have no idea what we are doing we didn't move the guys we should have and we didn't add any stop gaps or controllable guys like Pham in the offseason that could be worth more.

This rebuild is going to take longer then most people think if we are just going to waste years being bad without stockpiling assets.

For better or worse, Cards seem to trade these guys near 30:  Jay, Craig, Freese.
Sitting out this trading period didn't make much sense.
I've wondered about build-up trades; I don't think this can succeed solely by waiting on these prospects to develop.
I don't know why a rebuild should take much longer than 3 years, when numerous others haven't.

Edited by GreenSox