Pirates get Archer

oldsox

12 hours ago, wrathofhahn said:

Or they could be working up his PC back to a starter role. His first three starts were 48, 61, and 79 pitches and 3, 4, 5 innings.

Archer who was traded averaged 90-100 pitches to start. What you are talking about is mainly what they are attempting to do via relievers and rather then have a 5th starter with a 5ish ERA have that spot instead done by three relievers. It wouldn't work if they tried it every night. There isn't enough bullpen spots.

Its exactly what they’re doing. Already talk of him being one of the starters in 2019 along with Snell and Faria. Probably use a 4 man rotation with an opener until Honeywell and De Leon are ready. 

He went 94 pitches tonight in 6.2 innings. Rough first inning with 3 walks and an error by Bauers that led to 4 runs, 3 earned. Finished by retiring 17 of last 18. 

13 hours ago, zenryan said:

Its exactly what they’re doing. Already talk of him being one of the starters in 2019 along with Snell and Faria. Probably use a 4 man rotation with an opener until Honeywell and De Leon are ready. 

He went 94 pitches tonight in 6.2 innings. Rough first inning with 3 walks and an error by Bauers that led to 4 runs, 3 earned. Finished by retiring 17 of last 18. 

That Boston lineup is murder.

Before Baz it sort of became a question of whether Glasnow could start now they don't really need it to work out. Just one of Baz or Glasnow needs to be a quality starter for them to win the deal.

I like those odds. I would have done that deal for Rodon and to me anyways (not sure how others view him) he's worth more then Archer

41 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

That Boston lineup is murder.

Before Baz it sort of became a question of whether Glasnow could start now they don't really need it to work out. Just one of Baz or Glasnow needs to be a quality starter for them to win the deal.

I like those odds. I would have done that deal for Rodon and to me anyways (not sure how others view him) he's worth more then Archer

I would have thought otherwise.  I don't think Sox could get that much for Carlos.  So, I hope we keep him.  This will be an interesting off season topic (trade value of Rodon).