White Sox trade INTL $ to TB for Hunter Schryver, assigned to WS

Sleepy Harold

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If someone claims Shields, I don't think the conversation with Rick will be very long...

Hahn: "Hey Jerry, let me get that Kyle Lewis kid for Shields, or we'll just pull him back."

DiPoto: "How about no."

Hahn: "Ok, how about Cesar Izturis Jr?  Maybe that will make some of my fans on Soxtalk a little less pissed about Tatis Jr."

DiPito: "Nah.  How about nothing".

Hahn: "Deal!" 

that's pretty much exactly what would happen, well done!

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If someone claims Shields, I don't think the conversation with Rick will be very long...

Hahn: "Hey Jerry, let me get that Kyle Lewis kid for Shields, or we'll just pull him back."

DiPoto: "How about no."

Hahn: "Ok, how about Cesar Izturis Jr?  Maybe that will make some of my fans on Soxtalk a little less pissed about Tatis Jr."

DiPito: "Nah.  How about nothing".

Hahn: "Deal!" 

Hahn would still win that deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

I mean, maybe they are right, as he was traded for basically nothing, but people put way to much credence into their opinions.  

Oh I agree, just thought it was funny he was the exact last of 65.  A little more concerning is Frare coming in at 65, but I’m not sure how much stock to put in their assessments on fringier prospects.

23 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fangraphs rated this guy the worst of all prospects moved at the deadline.

The same Fangraphs that didn't consider Dylan Cease a top 130 prospect as of a month ago (yes I know they've since changed it)?

I don't know what happened but it seems like they've gotten really lazy this year. 

Anytime you are using a more statistical method to evaluate something that isn't yet a known factor,  you aren't going to get good results. 

Minor league relievers aren't a blob on the radar for a fangraphs type evaluation.  This doesn't surprise me at all that FG doesn't value the deal.

9 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Anytime you are using a more statistical method to evaluate something that isn't yet a known factor,  you aren't going to get good results. 

Minor league relievers aren't a blob on the radar for a fangraphs type evaluation.  This doesn't surprise me at all that FG doesn't value the deal.

They also purposefully downgraded all future grades for pitchers this year based off of the historical underperformance of them. When they are already downgrading pitchers, it's not a shock that 24 year old low minors relievers aren't on their hot commodity list.

19 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm shocked that Cedeno and Avilan are still here. 

I'm not stunned. Top flight relievers are worth way more when they have a proven track record. Hahn will let next season unfold for a bit to see how the team is shaping up and A) if the team is still bad, he'll flip our good, track record having, relievers for (presumably better) prospects or B) if the team seems to be turning around, keep them in the fold for the next playoff push. 

Edited by oneofthemikes