Sale shoulder injured

wrathofhahn

26 minutes ago, flavum said:

Sounds mostly precautionary. 10-day DL is a treasure for teams in the Red Sox position right now.

Extra rest won't hurt Chris anyway....just hope he doesn't stay on there for too long because once again Kluber isn't all that far behind him in the Cy Young race, and Kluber usually comes on at the end while Chris falls back.

Just now, pcq said:

Chris was throwing 100 couple weeks ago. He needs some rest so he doesn't burn up in the playoffs. 

He threw the hardest pitch he's thrown since he was a rookie a couple weeks back. He was facing (checks records...) the Chicago White Sox in that game.

3 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Honestly these shoulder and elbow inflammation is tricky how many times do we hear it's nothing serious then after a couple of months of not getting better boom the pitcher is getting TJ?

Well, inflammation means there is an injury of some kind. Just depends on the severity.

7 minutes ago, flavum said:

Sale said he isn’t worried about it, and could pitch if he had to. This is just a 10-day DL thing. Just getting a reset for his final 9 starts before October.

I don’t know how trustworthy he is. He would pitch in just about any condition.A couple of years ago, one of the ex players on MLB Network was talking about facing him, and mentioned a game he pitched where he wouldn’t throw a slider because his elbow was barking too much. The other team knew it, but he still cruised. Eventually, if they play long enough,every pitcher will get hurt. 

Edited by Dick Allen

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I don’t know how trustworthy he is. A couple of years ago, one of the ex players on MLB Network was talking about facing him, and mentioned a game he pitched where he wouldn’t throw a slider because his elbow was barking too much. The other team knew it, but he still cruised.

He's also close enough to FA where the last thing he wants is people talking about his arm or needing surgery.

• Like 1

Whether it’s fair or not at this point, Sale is most likely not to get much benefit of the doubt in regards to his long term health. When he becomes a free agent, assuming he keeps doing what he is doing, normally it would mean you could get 5 to 8 years from just about any team you wanted. He will probably get the years if he doesn’t get really hurt before then, but I think his choices will be limited compared to similar pitchers.

34 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I hope it is just minor. Considering his workload, he must be doing something right, but I always thought that one day  I am going to hear  his arm just exploded.

He is so freaking fun to watch. Really echo your sentiments and hope it isn't anything serious.  

17 hours ago, ptatc said:

Well, inflammation means there is an injury of some kind. Just depends on the severity.

yea I feel like every time an injury is reported as "inflammation of the ____"  a little Microsoft paper clip should swoop in with a "inflammation is a response to injury not an injury itself".

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

yea I feel like every time an injury is reported as "inflammation of the ____"  a little Microsoft paper clip should swoop in with a "inflammation is a response to injury not an injury itself".

True. It would be nice if they explained what was inflammed, if they could figure it out.