Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

So, it is kind of strange that Jon Gruden is running off Khalil Mack, no?

Always a good idea to go out of your way to attack the best player on your team. 

If the Raiders want to trade Mack, I know a NFC North team with an extra first round pick next year.

7 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Always a good idea to go out of your way to attack the best player on your team. 

If the Raiders want to trade Mack, I know a NFC North team with an extra first round pick next year.

he has done it pretty much since he was hired, too.  Very strange

6 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Carr may be good enough to bail him out, but I think Gruden is going to be a disaster.

he seems to be falling back on his "Give me all of the veterans" ideas, which hasnt really worked in the NFL for a while.  We will see

My best prediction is the raiders will be better than people expect this year and it will give him some chest puffing, then it's gonna be the mediocre muck that was the last 4-5 years of his tampa bay tenure. Except he'll be paid 75 million for it.

I'm also a bit surprised too, I didn't think he'd be a good hire but I did think the time away and his access to other organizations and his "everyone is great" motif on MNF would actually make him this super positive pete carroll like coach. He's been an ahole.

In an effort to end the contract impasse with first-round draft pick Roquan Smith, the Bears conceded they won’t go after his guaranteed money if the linebacker gets suspended under the NFL’s new rule legislating helmet contact, the Tribune has learned.

The Bears made this concession even before the recent public disclosure of the major sticking point, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. They are one of eight NFL teams willing to include contract language protecting a first-rounder’s guaranteed money if he’s suspended for an illegal hit, a source said.

But Smith remains away from training camp because his representatives at CAA Football have insisted the Bears go even further and include contract language protecting the player from discipline for behavior outside the realm of a football play. The Bears’ reluctance to do so revolves around their fear of setting a precedent for future contracts and has nothing to do with concerns about Smith’s character, the source said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-roquan-smith-contract-20180801-story.html

Edited by maggsmaggs

2 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Only ten players have torn their ACLs so far.

Yeah, I saw Johnathan Cyprien tore his ACL today. 

It happens every year, but it's always shocking how many players get hurt.

1 hour ago, GoSox05 said:

Yeah, I saw Johnathan Cyprien tore his ACL today. 

It happens every year, but it's always shocking how many players get hurt.

And most of them are non-contact injuries.