Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

I bet those all too necessary preseason reps will do Shaheen a bunch of good in 2019. Preseason is such a f***ing joke.

And now the Bears best outside pass rusher (and really their only outside pass rusher) hurt his hand. Awesome.

Edited by soxfan49

15 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Trubisky was PISSED at Cohen after that INT.

He had a right, but again, they’re running such vanilla BS that none of this matters. It sucks that Nagy one week is putting down preseason football but he still has Massie, Whitehair, and Miller in with under 2 minutes left in the half tonight. Robinson played 3 snaps. Gabriel didn’t dress. White and Brown played a ton. Cohen had 2-3 touches. They’ll be more creative & consistent by week 1.

14 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

I bet those all too necessary preseason reps will do Shaheen a bunch of good in 2019. Preseason is such a f***ing joke.

And now the Bears best outside pass rusher (and really their only outside pass rusher) hurt his hand. Awesome.

If a player is injured 2nd game of the season preseason playing limited snaps, there is no guarantee he won’t be injured first full game of regular season. Young players need their reps especially someone as raw as Shaheen. Injury is a part of the game and could happen any point in the season.

Miller looks like the real deal, and Mitch looks like he really likes throwing to Burton. Looking forward to opening up the playbook and Robinson/Gabriel playing a big part.

floyd needs to not be hurt because this is getting stupid.  They need him to have a big reason 

3 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Floyd had surgery to repair two broken fingers. "Optimistic" for week 1

:jpshakehead:

He should be able to play with a "club." on his hand. The surgery means they had to do an internal fixation so the fracture will be stable. Week one is 3 weeks away. There should be enough of a callus built up by then for the healing to sufficiently started. 

How effectively he can play with the club is a different story.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Good bye, Deiondre.

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He should be able to play with a "club." on his hand. The surgery means they had to do an internal fixation so the fracture will be stable. Week one is 3 weeks away. There should be enough of a callus built up by then for the healing to sufficiently started. 

How effectively he can play with the club is a different story.

That's my concern- the club. His hands were rumored to have been stronger and quicker this year. This would somewhat eliminate that improvement for the short term, I'd assume.

15 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Week 1 is not in doubt. Saturday vs. KC is in doubt. Nagy said if this was the regular season, he would be practicing.

I know it's not serious, but given how little he has practiced so far and that hamstrings come and go, I'm just not convinced he will be 100% ready to roll in 16 days until he's actually on the field.

2 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Next to no starters playing tomorrow for the Bears. Thank f***ing god

Really? That's odd usually the starters go into the 3rd quarter in this preseason game. Risky strategy.