Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

46 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Theres something refreshing about a coach willing to do what he thinks he is right, even if it goes against the norms that are expected in the league. Two very important players got hurt in the last game as it is, I like the move.

I don't mind a coach doing what he thinks is right. I just think playing less is necessarily the correct choice. With the current rules players are hitting less and not ready for the regular season the way it is. Last year the first couple of weeks were like the pre-season with awful play. I think in the long term more injuries will happen with the lack of being ready to take and give a hit because they haven't done it.

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

I don't mind a coach doing what he thinks is right. I just think playing less is necessarily the correct choice. With the current rules players are hitting less and not ready for the regular season the way it is. Last year the first couple of weeks were like the pre-season with awful play. I think in the long term more injuries will happen with the lack of being ready to take and give a hit because they haven't done it.

They had more time in minicamp. They had an extra preseason game thus an extra week of practice + they violently practiced against the Broncos for a few days. You would know better than I do clearly, but it’s not like they aren’t hitting anyone.

Edited by soxfan49

3 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

They had more time in minicamp. They had an extra preseason game thus an extra week of practice + they violently practiced against the Broncos for a few days. You would know better than I do clearly, but it’s not like they aren’t hitting anyone.

I don't necessarily know better than you you , it's just an opinion. The tackling in today's game is indicative of it. It's awful.

10 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Wims reminds me a lot of Alshon Jeffery when he was here, without the attitude problem and injuries. 

Attitude problems?  He wasn’t an attitude guy.  Just couldn’t stay healthy

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:50 AM, Jack Parkman said:

He didn't want to be here and i think the "not staying healthy" had a lot to do with that. 

I think being hurt had a lot to do with not staying healthy. He's hurt right now in another city.

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Didn't the Bears think he could do more to avoid the soft tissue injuries he kept getting?

This is exactly what I was referring to with the "attitude issues." I think he only did enough while here to get his cash in FA, then he was actually going to play elsewhere. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, GoSox05 said:

Yeah, I've read a couple others and they are all confusing.

Some how the Packers freed up like 15 million this year.  Not sure how that is possible.

from what i read, they owe him 67M by the end of the calendar year, 80M by next St pattys day, and 103M guaranteed in all.  Kind of seems like the Cutler contract where all the heavy damage came right away

17 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

from what i read, they owe him 67M by the end of the calendar year, 80M by next St pattys day, and 103M guaranteed in all.  Kind of seems like the Cutler contract where all the heavy damage came right away

but how is it only 33.5 million in new money?