Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

9 hours ago, Wanne said:

Is there really a more overrated QB than Matt Ryan in this league? Good lord...

There were many plays where he wouldn't even go through progressions; he would just stare down one receiver the entire time and fire an incomplete pass.

The worst part? When I noticed this, that one receiver was never even Julio. 

Goldman deal is huge. Very underrated NT.

I'm honestly feeling good about the opener. We have the leverage right now, the Packers defensive players have even admitted that they have no idea how to gameplan for us because they don't know what our offense is. And nobody does know, really. I'm excited to finally see it unveiled. 

44 minutes ago, Tony said:

I'm a bandwagon Bears fan. My dad raised me as a hardcore Blackhawks and Sox fan, he never thought the Bears were an "accessible" franchise. Them also being bad most of the time has made me a very casual Bears fan. 

The point is, I haven't been this excited about the franchise for a long time. 

Same except i follow Bears a lot. There's a big disconnect right now that has me nervous thinking we will be good, but I guess whatever. NFL happens every year why can't NFL happen to me.

3 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

Hot take!! but seriously Sarkisian is holding that Offense back so much, Freeman getting 6 touches all game when he's averaging 6 YPC is just asinine. 

He injured his knee. He had his helmet off limping around the sideline.

2 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

For all the hype and excitement with the Mack trade, the Bears are still 7.5-8.5 point dogs Sunday night, that's like the 3rd biggest spread.  

It's Aaron Rodgers. In Lambeau. In Primetime.

Those tend to be the 40-point games. The Bears haven't earned shit yet.

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

he caught a ton of flak last year for not getting Jones involved in the red zone as well, and it was obvious in Jones numbers last season

By the way....I agree with all the thoughts regarding the issues...I just thought it was staggering how poor the percentages were even when Ryan does go to Jones.  To me that shows a far bigger issue. How the heck is such an explosive receiver that bad in the red zone when they do throw to him.  They must be telegraphing everything.  I can't imagine the rope on Sark will be very long this year. I'm presuming Falcons HC was betting a 2nd year in the system (and even for Sark a 2nd year in the NFL) would see major red zone improvements.  If they cleaned that up, their offense would have been pretty darn prolific a year ago...certainly doesn't look good after one game, albeit the Eagles were really creating havoc on Ryan (he didn't have a clean pocket too often, especially in the red zone).  

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

There were many plays where he wouldn't even go through progressions; he would just stare down one receiver the entire time and fire an incomplete pass.

The worst part? When I noticed this, that one receiver was never even Julio

Julio put up big numbers, so lets not imply that Ryan didn't go to him.  In the red zone they literally can't make things work.  

Hey all, living in Michigan, I don't get each and every single Bears game on TV. I'm not a huge footbalk fan, but would like to start following more. There are a ton of football tv packages out there, but what would be the best for me, if all I really wanted to do was catch Bears Games? 

Or should I just stream live on Reddit?

18 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

He had 6 carries going into the 4th quarter and didn't injure his knee till deep into the 4th.

I thought I saw it in the 3rd quarter. I know the broadcast didn't comment on it until the 4th.

4 hours ago, Scoots said:

Hey all, living in Michigan, I don't get each and every single Bears game on TV. I'm not a huge footbalk fan, but would like to start following more. There are a ton of football tv packages out there, but what would be the best for me, if all I really wanted to do was catch Bears Games? 

Or should I just stream live on Reddit?

I would use Reddit 

This might be considered a "hot take" but Andrew Luck and Jay Cutler are the same QB. Too many turnovers. Luck has already thrown an INT. 

I find it hilarious that most of the same people who used to say Cutler sucked are the same people who think Luck is one of the best QBs in the league. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

This might be considered a "hot take" but Andrew Luck and Jay Cutler are the same QB. Too many turnovers. Luck has already thrown an INT. 

I find it hilarious that most of the same people who used to say Cutler sucked are the same people who think Luck is one of the best QBs in the league. 

Funny you say that because I thought the same about Watson. He had a bunch of TD’s last year but since he’s such a nice guy, what was swept under the rug was 11 turnovers in 7 games. He has 2 more today.

20 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Funny you say that because I thought the same about Watson. He had a bunch of TD’s last year but since he’s such a nice guy, what was swept under the rug was 11 turnovers in 7 games. He has 2 more today.

Watson was piling up the points though, if you're doing that you will look past the INTs.