Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

We moved up to get this as our QB.  No touch.  

No touch, no instincts, no feel for the rush. Missed numerous receivers, had pretty good pass protection and a solid running game. Did he complete more than 1 pass over 15 yards? 

Fully expected this. Mitch played scared in second half but d was tired and part of that I think has to do with fact Mack was tired and they hadn’t played a lot. Wideouts were gassed late too. 

Rodgers owns them. I always assume we will lose when we play him. 

1 minute ago, StrangeSox said:

On both sides, but especially offense. You just got 11 with Howard and your trying to drain the clock, so you... Throw it on 3rd and one, then kick a meaningless field goal while leaving Rodgers tons of time.

He tried to be aggressive there. I’d have handed it twice but it’s one week and they better be ready next week. 

3 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Can anyone that works in this organization, in any capacity, over any period of time, identify a competent QB? 

It wasn’t like he was terrible, but he had some open guys and nerves got to him. He’s not experienced and still developing. Does he suck, maybe he will, but this game isn’t proof of his long term success or suckiness. 

Lets cool the hot takes and see see how the season plays out. I still think by end of year we will all feel very good about franchises future. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StrangeSox said:

On both sides, but especially offense. You just got 11 with Howard and your trying to drain the clock, so you... Throw it on 3rd and one, then kick a meaningless field goal while leaving Rodgers tons of time.

Exactly. Go for the 4th down. If you can’t push one yard across in two plays (which seals the game), then Rodgers would have to run the field anyway. Either they kick to tie, or a TD wins away.