Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

4 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

It's just not in the Bears blood. Think about this, since the 1940s they have had TWO quality Quarterbacks, Sid Luckman and Jim mcMahon and Mac was always injured. We gotta do it the hard way, with defense and running game. I mean they went to the Super Bowl with Rex freaking Grossman at QB. I suppose Harbaugh was average, but overall this franchise, in its 100 year history has had literally TWO top flight QBs. 

As far as I'm concerned McMahon doesn't count. Ive watched classic games he wasn't that good. He was a game manager when that is what they needed. He's on the Cutler level of QBs. Good enough to start but not much more. They've had one decent QB in 100 years of existence. It is a sick joke. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

As far as I'm concerned McMahon doesn't count. Ive watched classic games he wasn't that good. He was a game manager when that is what they needed. He's on the Cutler level of QBs. Good enough to start but not much more. They've had one decent QB in 100 years of existence. It is a sick joke. 

You may be right. I hold Jim McMahon in real low esteem for the way he divided the locker room in 1987 when Flutie came in. Ditka didn't help with his "these are the real Bears" shit either. The 1987 Bears were set to win it all and they had destroyed the defending champ Giants on opening night, but then chemistry issues killed that team. 

21 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

It's just not in the Bears blood. Think about this, since the 1920s they have had TWO quality Quarterbacks, Sid Luckman and Jim mcMahon and Mac was always injured. We gotta do it the hard way, with defense and running game. I mean they went to the Super Bowl with Rex freaking Grossman at QB. I suppose Harbaugh was average, but overall this franchise, in its 100 year history has had literally TWO top flight QBs. 

Cutler gets alot of hate (and I wasn't a fan of his at all) but he was probably the best QB we've ever had in this franchise. 

Just now, SoxAce said:

Cutler gets alot of hate (and I wasn't a fan of his at all) but he was probably the best QB we've ever had in this franchise. 

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this statement. Cutler lacked the one main ingredient necessary for  QB, leadership. The dude was a total chump.

Sid Luckman is the greatest QB ever, he lead the Bears to 4 World Titles and it would have been more had the war not broken that team up. The Monsters of the Midway of the late 30s-40s is the greatest dynasty before the 60s Packers came into existence.   

Just now, kwolf68 said:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this statement. Cutler lacked the one main ingredient necessary for  QB, leadership. The dude was a total chump.

Sid Luckman is the greatest QB ever, he lead the Bears to 4 World Titles and it would have been more had the war not broken that team up. The Monsters of the Midway of the late 30s-40s is the greatest dynasty before the 60s Packers came into existence.   

Statistically it wasn't even close and I hate Cutler.

Just now, SoxAce said:

Statistically it wasn't even close and I hate Cutler.

Statistically? You can't really compare stats between eras. Shit, they didn't even have the pocket system when Sid played.  

One man, Luckman, was a winner.

One man, Cutler, was a loser. 

Edited by kwolf68

Just now, kwolf68 said:

Statistically? You can't really compare between eras. Shit, they didn't even have the pocket system when Sid played.  

One man, Luckman, was a winner.

One man, Cutler, was a loser. 

Stop the meatball analysis and actually see the numbers for a second. Sure you can't compare eras, but Cutler had how many coordinators?! No QB can be effective with that many with the dysfunction. For the record I completely agree with you on his leadership aspect. 

I really liked that drive, especially the creativity and balance with runs. Eventually they had to respect sweeps and it opened up off tackle. Most importantly: it settled Mitch.

everyone wants him to succeed, he’s got to channel it right.