Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

Just now, Tony said:

The defense is there, the conditioning isn’t there yet however. If they stay healthy, it looks like a real solid core. 

We still are at the same place when the season started. It all comes down to Mitch. He has to continue to get better.

Agree. The run game was very disappointing tonight. We may not have 10 yards rushing against the Vikings at this rate. 

12 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Rosen if Bradford gets injured.

Rosen should have been playing from the start.  The players know it...fans too.  It's just a matter of justifying Bradford's price tag. Idiotic signing IMO.  That said...this Bears team reminds me of the 83 or 84 Bear teams...just on the cusp with a great D.  Trubisky...dude makes me cringe a little.  You see sparks of greatness...then he makes some really idiotic decisions.  And another thing....Khalil Mack is worth every penny.

7 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

D Line has played well again, but I am not too impressed with the secondaries.

I'm really not a Kyle Fuller fan.  Never have been.  Hated when they picked him...really don't like him now.  That dropped INT that would have sealed the W last week...I still can't get that shit outta my head.  And he's making 12 large.  Honestly wish the Bears wouldn't have matched the offer and let him walk to the puckers.

8 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

This defense is fun, the front 7 is so dangerous.

I'm glad they beat an inferior team, but disappointed with Mitch,  that should have been a blow out but he kept Seattle alive. 

Trubisky is averaging about 5 yards per attempt, only Bradford is worse. Gonna be a tough season unless QB drastically improves, because the defense can be special. 

Three (positive) thoughts:

1. Without neutering the things that Mitch has to do as a pro QB, Nagy should cut down the playbook until the game slows down for Trubisky. Add a little more each week as Mitch shows he's ready for it. Mitch looked a lot better in the 2nd half than in the 1st. I hope it slows down for him sooner rather than later. 

2. Out of the 2017 1R QB draft class, Trubisky has the most pro tape out of all of them. Watson has started 8 games, Mahomes has started 3 games, and Trubisky has started 14. Mitch could be further along in his development process because opposing DCs know what he's doing more than they do for Watson/Mahomes. We need to hold off judgment on them until they've been around the league a bunch. That being said, Trubisky sucks until proven otherwise because he plays QB for the Chicago Bears. (not really, but this is my schtick) 

3. This defense is going to be special if they stay healthy, (knock on wood) Fuller needs to turn around and look for the ball. He seems to have become lazy after getting paid. He's covering well but his lack of awareness of the ball is astounding currently. He would have had two picks last night if he had any clue where the ball was. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

By far the best play Trubisky had last night is when he went back, turned left, turned right against a rush and then tossed a nice ball down field (to Cohen I think). You see a play like that and it tells you he has something. But mostly he's got a long ways to go. Was he better this game? I guess he made a couple more plays in crunch time against a much worse opponent at home. With this defense there is absolutely NO excuse for the Bears to not win 8 games.

21 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Three (positive) thoughts:

1. Without neutering the things that Mitch has to do as a pro QB, Nagy should cut down the playbook until the game slows down for Trubisky. Add a little more each week as Mitch shows he's ready for it. Mitch looked a lot better in the 2nd half than in the 1st. I hope it slows down for him sooner rather than later. 

2. Out of the 2017 1R QB draft class, Trubisky has the most pro tape out of all of them. Watson has started 8 games, Mahomes has started 3 games, and Trubisky has started 14. Mitch could be further along in his development process because opposing DCs know what he's doing more than they do for Watson/Mahomes. We need to hold off judgment on them until they've been around the league a bunch. That being said, Trubisky sucks until proven otherwise because he plays QB for the Chicago Bears. (not really, but this is my schtick) 

3. This defense is going to be special if they stay healthy, (knock on wood) Fuller needs to turn around and look for the ball. He seems to have become lazy after getting paid. He's covering well but his lack of awareness of the ball is astounding currently. 

Nagy's play calling is helping Trubisky. The problem seems to be after the first read.

The only thing Nagy could possibly do is run floods or other calla that dont require Trubisky to scan the field. But the worry with that is it Trubisky doesnt look off defenders hes throwing into a small space with a lot of guys around.

I have a lot or hot takes about what Nagy thinks of Trubisky. He has a season to get it together, but Nagy needs to be Nagy. 

Didn't watch the game but was shocked to see such lousy running numbers for the Bears, especially with so many guys missing from the Seattle D.  Just assumed they would run it down their throats.  Were they stacking the line, forcing the Bears to pass?

37 minutes ago, BigSqwert said:

Didn't watch the game but was shocked to see such lousy running numbers for the Bears, especially with so many guys missing from the Seattle D.  Just assumed they would run it down their throats.  Were they stacking the line, forcing the Bears to pass?

I didn't really notice a stacked box. The Bears o-line just didn't open up ANY holes. 

Yes it was incredibly disappointing against a team that is in disarray right now. Bears get an even more dysfunctional team next week, I expect plenty of yards there.

Edited by kwolf68

1 hour ago, kwolf68 said:

While we have issues to discuss and it's very early, I have to admit I am a big fan of Coach Nagy. I really believe he's the right man to lead the Bears back. 

That TD drive in the second half was really  beautiful. Had a shaky QB and no run game, and he totally playcalled their way into a touchdown and also held the clock.

Just now, bmags said:

That TD drive in the second half was really  beautiful. Had a shaky QB and no run game, and he totally playcalled their way into a touchdown and also held the clock.

No doubt. I am really high on Nagy. I didn't know a damn thing about him before this year really, but man he's good. I also like his attitude and how he handles the media. He's calm, cool and collected. I see that same thing on the field. Put it this way, I don't think he'll be the reason we lose games (unlike the previous guy). 

Edited by kwolf68