Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

3 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Hilarious that they still might not start Mayfield after last night 

And it's week 3. I still think Tyrod is better than he showed, but Hue was so adamant on not giving baker 3rd team reps, and now it's week 3 and he's the likely starter. Not smart planning there.

On 9/20/2018 at 12:36 PM, Jack Parkman said:

That isn't what I said. They get all of their info from the team page. I can't magically go back to the 2010 Washington official website and see what Grossman was listed at. I can tell you this, though from people who met him in person he isn't 6 feet tall. I already said they were both listed at 6-1 early in their career, and later they were listed at 5-10. 

Actually, you can!

He's listed as 6-1.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100918170616/http://www.redskins.com:80/team/

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, bmags said:

To further the point that lombardi is an absolute moron, I remember listening to their post draft pod and him ripping the browns for being so stupid getting mayfield and denzel ward, well they both looked pretty freakin good last night.

Mayfield may get into some decision making trouble, but his "keep a play alive" mentality just oozes playmaker to me. I think Cleveland may finally be turning around.

My guess though is that one of Haley or if the league allows it, gregg williams takes over after the year ala jags did with Marrone.

He wasn't the only one. Many others said they should have gone Barkley first then any of the QBs at 4. Most had Mayfield as number 3 in that group because they said the Browns could have waited until 4 and still had him.

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

All Bears QB for all time will suck per his theory.

No, they all suck until they prove they don't. Big difference. I'm not discounting the idea that it could happen, even with Mitch. I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, eveyone who plays that position for the Bears sucks. I've explained this for the 155th time and I'm not doing it again. If this board lacks the reading comprehension to grasp my position at that point it is on you. What part of I assume complete and utter incompetence until even one iota of competence is proven because the track record is so shitty is not understood?

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Today has the potential to be a very good day for the Bears in the division, hope they dont f it up.

They look like they will. What an awful first drive on defense. I’m okay giving up points but no one was covering on either of those big plays. Let’s hope it is Arizona’s only td of the game! 

Disaster. Defense looks like it bought into the hype and quit playing. That fumble was bad. This game is going to be a test for Mitch. Arizona is going to blitz him all day...he better show that he can make some good quick decisions and make the cardinals pay. Come on Bears get this thing turned around and kick ass from here on out!