Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

15 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Twitter nearly exploded with the Giants going for 2 after scoring a TD down 14.

I did, at the time, because I use the logic "do it if you gain something if you make it but lose nothing if you fail" but then I thought about it and analytics/probability says that's the correct call. If you fail but score again, you get another shot to go for 2 again to even it up, and that's what they did.

1 hour ago, GoSox05 said:

Nice to see JJ Watt healthy and being an absolute terror.

Texans could be a scary team as the year goes one.

So jealous of their division,  they've already had multiple playoff berths simply based on its weakness, not that they have done much in January.

1 hour ago, LittleHurt05 said:

So jealous of their division,  they've already had multiple playoff berths simply based on its weakness, not that they have done much in January.

Tom Brady and the Patriots have been in a division like that for about 20 years.

Edited by GoSox05

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Quite frankly...for most of the years, so have the Packers.  

Kinda.  The Vikings have made the playoffs 5x times(probably 6 after this year) since Rodgers first starting year in 2008.  Including twice making it to the NFC Championship.  Lions have made the playoffs three times and the Bears made it the NFC championship once.

Buffalo has made the playoffs once(last year at 9-7) in the past 19 years. Dolphins have made the playoffs twice in the past 17 years.  Closest thing they had to a challenge is the Jets teams in 2009 and 2010.  They haven't been back to the playoffs since.

So the NFC North hasn't been a powerhouse, it's been much better than the AFC East. Not to say the Patriots didn't have really good teams over the years, but I think playing in that division has helped them get a ton of home field advantage in the playoffs. 

14 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Per Schefter, Mack will test the ankle prior to the game and will be limited even if he does play.

Also per Schefter, it doesn’t look like Robinson will play.

Kevin White has earned a shot, let's see what he can do

30 minutes ago, Tony said:

This may end up being one of the biggest mistakes Nagy makes. You’re the coach, put your players in the best position to succeed. Sit him at least a week, let him heal up. I don’t care if he wants to be a warrior and play. 

Agreed.  Not to mention, when he just drops into coverage over and over again, hes not making any impact anyway. You might be better served with a healthy guy in his spot, even if they are less talented.

47 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I heard Kyle Long yell from here on TV. Yikes.. Dion Sims rolled up on his ankle.

EDIT: yea the replay looked as bad as his yell. Ugh..

Some verified sports doctor tweeted that he believes that it’s a high ankle sprain. Nagy called it a foot injury postgame. As long as it isn’t an achillies or ACL, I’d consider it a relief.

35 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Just imagine if the bears had taken Mahomes at 3

I just imagined it and he wouldn’t have had Nagy & Reid in year one so he wouldn’t be as good as he is right now. I also imagine how Bears fans like to make a decision on draft night and stick with it and will say anything to defend their choice, so just like Trubisky was a reach, Mahomes would have been too and every clown in this city would complain constantly about something.

Edited by soxfan49
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Some verified sports doctor tweeted that he believes that it’s a high ankle sprain. Nagy called it a foot injury postgame. As long as it isn’t an achillies or ACL, I’d consider it a relief.

I just imagined it and he wouldn’t have had Nagy & Reid in year one so he wouldn’t be as good as he is right now. I also imagine how Bears fans like to make a decision on draft night and stick with it and will say anything to defend their choice, so just like Trubisky was a reach, Mahomes would have been too and every clown in this city would complain constantly about something.

Bears fans don't know what a good Quarterback actually looks like in their uniform, so they hold them to the Tom Brady standard. In Chicago, if the Bears new QB isn't as good as prime Tom Brady, they suck. 

Edited by Jack Parkman